The following guide covers Plex Live TV and how to install this app on any device for watching free live TV.
Plex Live TV is an excellent feature of the popular Plex Media Server. There are over 80 live channels in various categories to choose from.
Recommended IPTV Service Providers
- IPTVGREAT – Rating 4.8/5 ( 600+ Reviews )
- IPTVRESALE – Rating 5/5 ( 200+ Reviews )
- IPTVGANG – Rating 4.7/5 ( 1200+ Reviews )
- IPTVUNLOCK – Rating 5/5 ( 65 Reviews )
- IPTVFOLLOW -Rating 5/5 ( 48 Reviews )
- IPTVTOPS – Rating 5/5 ( 43 Reviews )
These channel categories include sports, news, movies, TV shows, entertainment, kids, and much more!
The Plex app can be installed on any popular streaming device including the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, NVIDIA Shield, Roku, Android TV Boxes, iPhone, tablets, and much more.
For these reasons and more, you can find Plex Live TV within our list of Best Free IPTV Apps.
For those unfamiliar with IPTV services, IPTV stands for “Internet protocol television.” In other words – live television through the Internet.
There are thousands of IPTV apps and services and Plex Live TV is one of the best available. This is a similar option to apps like Airy TV.
Because the Plex app is free to use, you may experience buffering and have a limited channel selection.
If you are looking for a paid service with more channels and VOD options, check out our updated list of IPTV services below.
Below you find information on this free IPTV app including how to install, channels, categories, settings, and more.
Table of Contents
- 1 Plex Live TV Highlights
- 2 Screenshots
- 3 Plex Live TV Channels
- 4 How to Install Plex Live TV on Firestick/Fire TV
- 5 How to Setup Plex Live TV on Roku
- 6 Use Plex Live TV on Windows PC & Mac
- 7 Plex Live TV FAQ
- 8 What is Plex Live TV?
- 9 What Channels does Plex Live TV have?
- 10 Is this IPTV app free?
- 11 What devices can this IPTV app be installed on?
Plex Live TV Highlights
- 100% free live TV app
- Over 80 live channels in various categories (and growing)
- Easy to install Plex application in the popular app stores
- Sports channels
- International channels
- News channels
- Free movies & TV shows
- Built-in electronic program guide (EPG)
- Compatible with Firestick/Fire TV, Android, Roku, iOS, and more
- Favorites manager
- VPN friendly
- Not IP location locked
- Settings configuration
Plex Live TV Channels
As mentioned previously, Plex Live TV offers over 80 live channels that are 100% free to watch on any device.
These channels come in a variety of categories such as sports, movies, TV shows, entertainment, news, kids, and much more.
See further down for a complete category list of Plex Live TV channels.
This app contains over 80 free channels and live streams in numerous categories.
There are also several VOD options for free movies and shows within this IPTV app.
Plex Live TV offers over 80 channels for streaming Live TV, Movies, and TV Shows. There are also more channel options being added to the application on a frequent basis.
*This list is subject to change
As of this writing, the most popular live channels provided by the Plex app include the following:
- Yahoo Finance
- Fubo Sports Network
- IGN TV
- Cheddar Business
- Law & Crime
- AFV Family
- Monster Kids
- Popstar! TV
- Hollywood Classics
- Deal or No Deal
How to Install Plex Live TV on Firestick/Fire TV
The Plex Live TV app is available for installation on several popular streaming devices.
This includes the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, NVIDIA Shield, Android TV Boxes, Chromecast, Roku, Android phones, tablets, and any internet-connected device.
Unlike other IPTV apps that require Downloader for side-loading, Plex Live TV is available within the Amazon App Store.
For those using Android TV devices like the NVIDIA Shield, Tivo Stream 4K, or generic Android TV Boxes, you can find Plex in the Google Play Store.
1. From the home screen on your Firestick/Fire TV hover over Find and click Search.
2. Enter “Plex” and click the first option that appears.
3. Click the option for Plex under Apps & Games.
4. Click Download.
5. Once this app finishes downloading, click Open or hold down the Home button on your remote.
6. Launch the Plex Live TV app and wait a few seconds.
7. That’s it! You have installed Plex Live TV on your Firestick/Fire TV.
8. Make sure to select the Live TV section on the left menu and you’re good to go!
Enjoy the 80+ live channels this free IPTV app has to offer!
IMPORTANT: If you are located outside of the US, we suggest connecting to a VPN to access this free IPTV app.
Add Channels to Favorites
One of the best features within Plex Live TV is the ability to sort channels and create your own Favorites list.
View the steps below for sorting channels to your preference.
1. From the main screen click the Settings icon (three horizontal dots) on the top.
2. Click Manage Channels.
3. Choose any channel you prefer and click the sort toggle on the right.
4. Place your channel at the top of the list or wherever you prefer.
You can now sort channels within Plex and create a list of your Favorites.
How to Setup Plex Live TV on Roku
Unlike some other free IPTV apps, Plex Live TV has an application compatible with Roku devices.
This app is available in the Roku Channel Store, which makes installation on these devices a breeze.
Follow the short guide below for installing the Plex Live TV app on any Roku device.
1. From the home screen of our Roku device, scroll down and click Search.
2. Enter “Plex” within the search bar.
3. Scroll over and select the Plex channel.
4. Click Add channel.
5. Wait a few seconds for the channel process and click OK when finished.
6. Return to the home screen and locate the Plex channel to launch it.
7. Click Continue as Guest.
8. You have installed the Plex Live TV app on your Roku device.
Use Plex Live TV on Windows PC & Mac
If you are using a Windows PC or Mac, you can also stream free channels on the Plex website.
Follow the quick steps below for accessing Plex on desktop.
1. Visit the Plex Live TV official website – plex.tv/watch-free-tv
2. Click Watch Free on the main screen.
3. That’s it! You will notice an electronic program guide (EPG) populate.
4. Enjoy using Plex on any Windows PC or Mac for free Live TV.
For more information on the Plex app, refer to the video below.
For more IPTV options, check out our popular IPTV service reviews below.
Overall, Plex Live TV is a popular option within Plex that streams over 80 live channels for free on any device!
Warning! Protect Yourself With A VPN
Most cord-cutters use a VPN and rightfully so.
The free streaming applications, addons, and paid IPTV services that you use are usually hosted on insecure servers.
Without a VPN, your IP Address is being logged.
Your IP Address points back to your location and identity which compromises both your privacy and security.
Your current identifying IP Address is 2a0d:2787:8::7e5c:7ec8 – When you use a VPN, your real IP address will be converted into an anonymous new one.
A VPN will provide you with an anonymous connection to the Internet.
This will prevent your Internet Service Provider, IPTV developers, government agencies, and any 3rd party from logging what you’re accessing online.
The most popular VPN among cord-cutters is CoverMeVPN due to their blazing fast speeds and zero log policy.
It’s important to use a VPN that is fast since we are streaming large HD files. Its also crucial to find one that keeps no logs of what their subscribers access while online.
Setting up Coverme VPN on your streaming device is simple!
Step 1 Register for an Coverme VPN account by clicking the link below.
This exclusive link provides you with a hefty discount, only available to IPTV Wire visitors like you.
Step 2 – Go to Find and then click the search icon on your Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube.
You may also find the CoverMeVPN App in the Google Play Store for those of you who are using Android TV Boxes, phones, and tablets.
Step 3 – Type CoverMeVPN and then click the Coverme VPN option that appears.
Step 4 – Click the CoverMeVPN icon under Apps & Games.
Step 5 – Click Download.
Step 6 – Click Open.
Step 7 – Enter your username and password to login. Your username is the email that you used to register for CoverMeVPN service with and your password is automatically generated and emailed to you.
Step 8 – Click Connect button.
Step 9 – Click OK for Connection request if it appears.
Step 10 – You will notice that your IP Address changes along with location of connection. You are now operating anonymously through your device.
Click the Home Button on your remote and the VPN will remain running in the background.
Congratulations! You are now protected by a VPN which means everything that you stream or access through your Firestick or Android TV Box is hidden from the rest of the world.
If you ever need to stop the VPN service, simply re-launch the application and click the DISCONNECT button.
Plex Live TV FAQ
What is Plex Live TV?
Plex Live TV is a feature within Plex that provides over 80 live channels and VOD options.
What Channels does Plex Live TV have?
Plex Live TV holds over 80 channels in several categories including sports, kids, movies, TV shows, international, news, and more.
Is this IPTV app free?
Yes. This IPTV app is 100% free to use on any streaming device.
What devices can this IPTV app be installed on?
This IPTV app is available for installation on any internet-connected device. This includes the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, Android, phones, tablets, and much more.