Welcome again to Part 2 of our series on mobile testing careers. Part 1 delved into the requirements for acquiring the needed knowledge base and accreditations to be deemed eligible for a mobile tester role, and we also imparted proven advice and methods to serve you well.
In this write-up, our attention will be on the ins and outs of mobile testing CVs, and the common interview questions within the mobile testing industry. Let’s get down to it.
Recommended IPTV Service Providers
- IPTVGREAT – Rating 4.8/5 ( 600+ Reviews )
- IPTVRESALE – Rating 5/5 ( 200+ Reviews )
- IPTVGANG – Rating 4.7/5 ( 1200+ Reviews )
- IPTVUNLOCK – Rating 5/5 ( 65 Reviews )
- IPTVFOLLOW -Rating 5/5 ( 48 Reviews )
- IPTVTOPS – Rating 5/5 ( 43 Reviews )
CV Sample for Mobile Testing:
How can an impactful CV for mobile testing roles be composed?
We are providing an example of a mobile application testing CV to give you insight into how to showcase your skills in your CV. The basics and strategies for creating an integrated CV follows the same principles as a standard QA CV.
=> Download CV template for mobile testing roles
It ought to encompass contact information, an overview of your professional history, skills, educational qualifications, and details about the projects you have been part of, including your roles and duties.
For further insight into this subject and to access the sample we’ve shared, consult the articles below.
- The Novice’s Handbook to Composing a Flawless Software Testing CV
- Creation of a Game-changer Software Testing QA CV
- Upcoming Trends in the Job Hunt Market
Few Points to Reflect On:
- Previous experience in QA testing is valuable when transitioning to a mobile tester position.
- If you lack prior experience, it’s advisable to familiarize yourself with basic software testing concepts like SDLC, STLC, and the procedure for writing test cases and status reports.
- An academic background in computer science can be beneficial but isn’t compulsory.
- Familiarity with programming languages can be an added advantage.
We will now discuss another critical aspect for job applicants – the cover letter. Here’s an example:
Mobile Testing Job Application Cover Letter Example:
Cover Letter Template for Mobile Test Engineer:
Subject: Cover Letter – Mobile Testing Engineer
Dear Sir/ Madam,
I am writing as a response to your job advertisement for
the role of a Mobile Testing Engineer on XYZ platform.
I have been serving as a Mobile Testing Engineer at XYZ Corp.
Ltd for the last 5 years, and I am happy to mention some
of my achievements in this position:
– Expertise in Manual Testing/mobile application testing,
iOS, Symbian, Blackberry, Android Mobile applications.
– Validation made through simulators and emulators, plus
– Crafting and carrying out Test Cases.
– Logging defects.
– Function and regression testing.
Please refer to my enclosed CV for further details.
Should you require any more details, do let me know.
Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your response.
We will now transition into the interview stage and provide some helpful tips to help you gear up for it. We begin this section with:
Frequently Asked Mobile Testing Interview Queries and Responses:
The following are some of the core and advanced mobile testing and mobile application testing interview questions with answers, curated for both novices and seasoned professionals.
Q #1) What distinguishes testing of mobile devices from testing of mobile applications?
Response. Testing of mobile devices involves reviewing the mobile device itself, while the testing of mobile applications zeroes in on scrutinizing the mobile application on a mobile device.
Q #2) Which categories do mobile applications fall into?
Response. Mobile applications can be divided into three categories:
Native Applications: Native apps are stocked in application stores like the Google Play store for Android and Apple’s App Store. Such apps are stored on devices and operated locally, for instance, WhatsApp and Angry Birds.
Web Applications: Web applications are operated on mobile web browsers, e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Safari, utilizing mobile networks or Wi-Fi. Examples of web browser applications include m.facebook.com, m.gmail.com, m.yahoo.com, and m.rediffmail.com.
Hybrid Applications: Hybrid apps blend elements of native and web apps. They can be installed on devices or used offline, and are crafted using web technologies like HTML5 and CSS. eBay and Flipkart are among the examples.
Q #3) How can CPU usage on mobile devices be examined?
Response. The market offers various tools for monitoring CPU usage on mobile devices. Some examples are CPU Monitor, Usemon, CPU Stats, and CPU-Z. These tools document historical data about processes operating on your device.
Q #4) Which defect tracking tools are utilized for mobile testing?
Response. The identical defect tracking tools employed for testing web applications can also be employed for mobile testing, among them QC, Jira, Rally, and Bugzilla.
Q #5) Which leading networks ought to be taken into consideration when examining an application?
Response. It’s crucial to put the application to the test on 4G, 3G, 2G, and Wi-Fi networks. Assessment on a more sluggish network like 2G facilitates the evaluation of the performance of the application under differing network circumstances.
Q #6) What factors should be kept in mind when executing a sanity test on a mobile application?
- Application installation and uninstallation
- Functional testing
- Validation of device compatibility with different networks (2G, 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi)
- Interruption testing – ensuring the application can accommodate incoming calls
- Compatibility testing – appending a photo to a message from the photo gallery
- Evaluating application effectiveness on various handsets
- Performing negative testing by inputting invalid credentials to assess the behavior of the application
Q #7) Which facets should be factored in when testing a mobile application using the black box method?
- Assessing the application on multiple devices
- Altering port and IP addresses to affirm appropriate connectivity and disconnection
- Executing calls and transmitting messages to other devices
- Evaluating the web application on different mobile browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Dolphin
Q #8) What is the most recent version of iOS?
Response. The most recent version of iOS is iOS 8. (Bear in mind that this information may be subject to frequent changes, hence it would be ideal to refer to the Apple site for the most recent data.)
Q #9) What is the latest version of Android?
Response. The most recent version of Android is Lollipop 5.0–5.0.2. (Likely to be updated regularly too). See all here.
Q #10) What is the file extension for files related to Android?
.apk (Android Application Package)
Q#11) What is the file extension for files related to iOS?
Q #12) What does MMS signify?
Response. MMS denotes Multimedia Messaging Service
Q #13) What do MT and MO indicate in SMS?
Response. MT refers to Message Terminate (receiving message) and MO signifies Message Originate (sending message)
Q #14) What is WAP?
Response. WAP denotes Wireless Application Protocol and is utilized in network applications.
Q #15) What is GPRS and how does it function?
Response. GPRS is short for General Packet Radio Service. It operates over mobile networks using IP transmissions and allows the transmission of IP packets. GPRS provides internet services on mobile devices.
Q #16) What is the most recent version of Windows?
Response.The most recent version of Windows is Windows 10. (See latest here)
Q #17) What is streaming media?
Response. Streaming media describes the process of downloading data from a server. It signifies multimedia being transferred from a server-tier or provider to a client-end receiver