The step-by-step tutorial below will demonstrate how to install IPTV on Roku in 2023, allowing you to stream live TV from anywhere.
In addition to the installation process, we will also provide instructions for setting up IPTV on Roku using the IPTV Smarters Pro application.
Recommended IPTV Service Providers
- IPTVGREAT – Rating 4.8/5 ( 600+ Reviews )
- IPTVRESALE – Rating 5/5 ( 200+ Reviews )
- IPTVGANG – Rating 4.7/5 ( 1200+ Reviews )
- IPTVUNLOCK – Rating 5/5 ( 65 Reviews )
- IPTVFOLLOW -Rating 5/5 ( 48 Reviews )
- IPTVTOPS – Rating 5/5 ( 43 Reviews )
If you’re new to IPTV and want to learn more about it, check out our Beginner’s Guide to IPTV.
Due to Roku’s closed-source operating system, we need to “sideload” IPTV onto the device in order to use it.
This process involves downloading the IPTV app file on a computer and adding it to your Roku streaming device.
While it is recommended to use an Android-powered device like Amazon Firestick/Fire TV for IPTV due to its open-source operating system, the following steps will guide you through installing IPTV on your Roku device for all your live streaming needs.
IMPORTANT: Before installing IPTV on Roku, you will need an IPTV Service and the service’s Server URL.
You can find a list of working IPTV Services on our Best IPTV Services guide.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Iptv Assist does not own or operate any IPTV service or streaming application. We do not host or distribute any applications. We do not verify whether IPTV services or app developers carry the proper licensing. The end-user shall be solely responsible for media accessed through any device, app, addon, or service mentioned on our Website.
For 100% legal IPTV service, Iptv Assist recommends IPTVUNLOCK.
Once you have your IPTV Service login information, follow the steps below to install IPTV Smarters on your Roku device and set up IPTV.
IPTV Smarters Pro is a popular IPTV player that is compatible with almost any IPTV service that uses a Server URL. It is currently available for use on Firestick, Android devices, and now Roku as well.
If you prefer using other IPTV players such as TiviMate, Perfect Player, iMPlayer, or others, you can cast IPTV to your Roku device for viewing.
Casting IPTV to Roku is a reliable method for streaming IPTV, but if you want the best experience for watching live TV, follow the instructions below to install IPTV directly on Roku.
Use the table of contents below to easily navigate through the installation process.
Table of Contents
IPTV on Roku – How to Install
The following steps will guide you on how to install IPTV on Roku using a Roku Streaming Stick Plus (although these installation instructions will work for any Roku device).
1. Open your Roku device and press the following buttons on your remote in the specified sequence.
- Press the Home button 3 times
- Press the Up button twice
- Press the Right button once
- Press the Left button once
- Press the Right button once
- Press the Left button once
- Press the Right button once
2. This will launch the Roku Developer Settings screen. Take note of the displayed URL, as we will need it later.
In this example, the URL is http://192.168.1.22. Your URL may be different. After noting the URL, click “Enable installer” and then restart Roku.
3. Scroll down and select “I Agree to Developer Tools License Agreement”.
4. Set a PIN Number of your choice and click “Set password and reboot”.
5. Wait for your Roku device to restart.
6. Go back to the Developer Settings prompt (from Step 1) to ensure that Developer settings are enabled.
7. Open a browser on your computer and go to my.roku.com. Sign in to your Roku account.
8. On the Roku account page, click “Add channel with a code”.
9. Enter the code “iptvsmarters,” check the Recaptcha box, and click “Add channel”.
10. Click “OK” when the warning message appears.
11. Select “Yes, add channel”.
12. Now, we need to install the IPTV Smarters file on our computer for upload. Open a browser and go to iptvassist.com/rokuiptv to install the file.
13. Go to the IP URL (from Step 2) on your browser and sign in using the username “rokudev” and the password created earlier.
14. Select “Upload”.
15. Locate and select the IPTV Smarters file you downloaded earlier.
16. Click “Install”.
17. Once the installation is complete, you will see the “Applicated installed” screen. Return to your Roku device.
18. Once back on your Roku device, IPTV Smarters will automatically launch.
19. Enter your IPTV login credentials and click “Login”.
You can now start watching IPTV on Roku using the IPTV Smarters application!
Best VPN for IPTV
Before streaming IPTV on Roku, we recommend using a VPN to protect your online activity.
A VPN for IPTV hides your IP Address and ensures anonymous online streaming.
Using a VPN ensures that your information remains hidden from app developers, ISPs, and third parties.
Although there is no native VPN app for Roku, you can still protect your privacy by installing a VPN on your wireless router. This will secure all your internet-connected devices, including Roku.
For more information on watching IPTV on Roku devices, refer to the video below.
For the best IPTV options, check out our popular IPTV service reviews below.
Overall, this tutorial provides the best method for watching IPTV on Roku in 2023 and beyond. If you own a Roku device and want to stream IPTV, give this tutorial a try today!
Warning! Protect Yourself With A VPN
Most cord-cutters use a VPN and rightfully so.
The free streaming applications, addons, and paid IPTV services that you use are usually hosted on insecure servers.
Without a VPN, your IP Address is being logged.
Your IP Address points back to your location and identity which compromises both your privacy and security.
Your current identifying IP Address is 2a0d:2787:8::7e5c:7ec8 – When you use a VPN, your real IP address will be converted into an anonymous new one.
A VPN will provide you with an anonymous connection to the Internet.
This will prevent your Internet Service Provider, IPTV developers, government agencies, and any 3rd party from logging what you’re accessing online.
The most popular VPN among cord-cutters is CoverMeVPN due to their blazing-fast speeds and zero-log policy.
It’s important to use a fast VPN since we’re streaming large HD files. It’s also crucial to find one that keeps no logs of your online activities.
Setting up CoverMe VPN on your streaming device is simple!
Step 1: Register for a CoverMe VPN account by clicking the link below.
This exclusive link provides you with a hefty discount, only available to IPTV Wire visitors like you.
Step 2: Go to Find and click the search icon on your Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube.
If you’re using Android TV Boxes, phones, or tablets, you can find the CoverMeVPN App in the Google Play Store.
Step 3: Type “CoverMeVPN” and click the Coverme VPN option that appears.
Step 4: Click the CoverMeVPN icon under Apps & Games.
Step 5: Click Download.
Step 6: Click Open.
Step 7: Enter your username and password to log in. Your username is the email you used to register for CoverMeVPN service, and your password was automatically generated and emailed to you.
Step 8: Click the Connect button.
Step 9: Click OK for the Connection request if it appears.
Step 10: You will notice that your IP Address changes along with the location of the connection. You are now operating anonymously through your device.
Click the Home Button on your remote, and the VPN will remain running in the background.
Congratulations! You are now protected by a VPN, which means everything you stream or access through your Firestick or Android TV Box is hidden from the rest of the world.
If you ever need to stop the VPN service, simply relaunch the application and click the DISCONNECT button.
IPTV on Roku FAQ
<section class="sc_fs_faq sc_card"> <div> <h2><span id="Can_you_install_IPTV_on_Roku">Can you install IPTV on Roku?</span></h2> <div> Yes, you can install and set up IPTV on Roku devices using the step-by-step guide provided above. </div> </div> </section> <section class="sc_fs_faq sc_card"> <div> <h2><span id="Is_IPTV_on_Roku_illegal">Is IPTV on Roku illegal?</span></h2> <div> While there may be unverified IPTV services without proper licensing, many IPTV services are legal to install and use. </div> </div> </section> <section class="sc_fs_faq sc_card"> <div> <h2><span id="How_do_I_get_IPTV_on_Roku">How do I get IPTV on Roku?</span></h2> <div> To get IPTV on Roku, you can cast to your Roku device from a mobile device or sideload an IPTV player using the instructions provided in the tutorial. </div> </div> </section> <section class="sc_fs_faq sc_card"> <div> <h2><span id="Does_Roku_have_IPTV_Smarters_Pro">Does Roku have IPTV Smarters Pro?</span></h2> <div> Yes, Roku supports IPTV Smarters Pro. You can install and use IPTV Smarters Pro on any Roku device using the tutorial above. </div> </div> </section>