This is the part II tutorial of the Testing certification series. If in case you missed the last tutorial on the testing certification, you can check it out here. In the last tutorial, we discussed four important software testing certifications namely – CSTE, CSTP, CTM, and HP QTP Certification.
Given below is a list of the Remaining Five Important Software Testing Certifications
Recommended IPTV Service Providers
- IPTVGREAT – Rating 4.8/5 ( 600+ Reviews )
- IPTVRESALE – Rating 5/5 ( 200+ Reviews )
- IPTVGANG – Rating 4.7/5 ( 1200+ Reviews )
- IPTVUNLOCK – Rating 5/5 ( 65 Reviews )
- IPTVFOLLOW -Rating 5/5 ( 48 Reviews )
- IPTVTOPS – Rating 5/5 ( 43 Reviews )
#1) ISEB & ISTQB
What You Will Learn:
Software Testing Certifications
Given below are the details on these certifications eligibility, exam patterns and how to apply guide.
#1) ISEB & ISTQB
ISEB (The Information Systems Examinations Board) certification is the step taken forward by a chartered institute for IT called BCS (British Computer Society), to support the career of IT professionals in the IT field.
ISEM which is a division of BCS was formed in 1990. This professional certification is available at the foundation, practitioner and advanced level to cater to the needs of each IT testing aspirant. While ISTQB stands for “International Software Testing Qualifications Board,” and it was formed in late 2002.
Both are similar certifications, at the foundation level they are the same, in essence. The only distinguishing factor is that ISEB is UK specific whereas ISTQB is an international certification.
BCS offers the following internationally recognized qualifications in the following subjects:
- IT Service Management
- Software Testing
- Sustainable IT
- Business Analysis/Change
- Solution Development
- Project Management and Support
- IT Governance, Information, and Security
- IT Assets and Infrastructure
Given below are the levels at which both of these certifications are available to suit the needs of every professional:
- Foundation Level – Certification at this level provides broad coverage of a specific area. This is specifically designed to enhance the knowledge set and future scope of managers. Its cost is £130.
- Intermediate Level – Intermediate level certification exam is focused on examining the subject in more detail and that acts as the basis for the practitioner level certification. Its cost is £110.
- Practitioner Level – This level exam lays emphasis on a specific skill within a subject area in a more detailed manner to provide a practical knowledge of IT skills. Its cost is £150.
- Higher Level – Higher level certification is meant for managers and specialists, having deep knowledge of their subject of concern. Its cost is £540.
Complete ISTQB Certification Premium Study Package: Confidently Appear and Pass the Foundation Exam Easily with this Comprehensive Premium Study Material.
CMST, short for Certified Manager of Software Testing, is meant to establish the competencies of testing professionals in the software industry at the international level. Having CMST certified means acquiring the qualification in terms of principles of testing field and capabilities to handle software testing scenarios.
The prerequisites for taking this exam include:
- Having a bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of relevant experience in the software testing field, or
- Having an associate degree with at least 6 years of relevant experience in the software testing field, or
- Minimum of eight years of relevant experience in the Software Testing field.
Potential candidates are required to demonstrate their capabilities in the following subjects:
- Test Planning
- Test Reporting
- Managing Test Execution
- Organizational Development (both teams and management)
- Communication (both leadership and behavioral skills)
- Define, deploy and improve work processes.
To apply for this certification test, go to CMST, which is the customer portal for candidates and complete all the formalities by following the easy steps to set up the test. The fee for this exam is $450.
CASQ stands for Certified Associate in Software Quality, which is focused on quality assurance skills and principles at the fundamental level of understanding. CASQ provides rapid career progression at a potentially affordable cost.
This exam is intended for beginners in quality for all those which have any one of the following requirements completed:
- Having a 3 year/4 year degree from a certified institution, or
- Having a 2-year degree and one year of relevant experience in IS (Information Services) field, or
- Has three years of relevant experience in the IS (Information Services) field.
Questions related to the following skill set are expected in the exam:
- COTS, Outsourcing, Contracting Quality, etc.
- Quality Principles and Concepts
- Quality Leadership
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Control Practices
- Quality Baselines
- Quality Planning
- Metrics and Measurement
- Define, Build, Implement, Improve Work Processes, etc.
- Internal Control and Security
Similar to CMST, the application process is carried out in the Customer portal on CASQ. However, this certification is affordable and any aspiring candidate can get certified at $100.
Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA) certification is an intermediate level exam that is considered as the standard in best practices and principles of software quality assurance in the IT industry.
CSQA certified candidates are recognized in several business and professional organizations that boost their career growth manifolds. This exam is specifically beneficial for the role of Quality Advisor to Management.
However, it has the following prerequisites, one of which needs to be met to be eligible for this exam:
- Having a 4-year degree and two years of relevant experience in IS (Information Services) field, or
- Having a 3-year degree and three years of relevant experience in IS (Information Services) field, or
- Having a 2-year degree and four years of relevant experience in IS (Information Services) field, or
- Having six years of relevant experience in the IS (Information Services) field.
Along with the above-mentioned requirements, the applicant must be currently working or must have at least 18 months of experience, specifically relevant to the certification designation.
Log on to the customer portal at CSQA to schedule the exam at a charge of $350 as the test fee.
Certified Manager of Software Quality (CMSQ) certification is an international level assessment for the skills in software quality assurance leaders and managers. CMSQ certified professionals are either working at top IT organizations or will soon join them for a managerial post in the Quality Assurance unit.
This is the advanced level certification in the software quality field and this fact is equally justified by the requirements demanded prior to taking this examination – which is one of the following:
- Having a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution along with four years of relevant experience in software quality assurance field, or
- Having an associate degree along with six years of relevant experience in the software quality assurance field, or
- Having eight years of relevant experience in the software quality assurance field.
Similar to other quality certifications, this one also follows the same application process which is by logging into CMSQ, – the customer portal and acts as the single point of applying. The cost of this exam is $450.
Please feel free to share your experience while taking any of these Software Testing and Quality Assurance certifications in the comments section below.