Enlisted below are some useful tips to place collectively for HP (now Micro Focus) QTP/UFT interview, along with the most typical QTP/UFT Interview Questions and Answers.
We deliberate this publish on the end of our QTP training article series nevertheless many readers requested to provide interview questions with a view to set up for the interview whereas learning QTP.
Recommended IPTV Service Providers
- IPTVGREAT – Rating 4.8/5 ( 600+ Reviews )
- IPTVRESALE – Rating 5/5 ( 200+ Reviews )
- IPTVGANG – Rating 4.7/5 ( 1200+ Reviews )
- IPTVUNLOCK – Rating 5/5 ( 65 Reviews )
- IPTVFOLLOW -Rating 5/5 ( 48 Reviews )
- IPTVTOPS – Rating 5/5 ( 43 Reviews )
Note – In this publish, we have coated some useful tips to place collectively for the QTP interview along with the very best 80 widespread and important Quick Test Professional questions and options.
We devised a listing of pre-requisites or non-technical options that every QTP interviewee wants to pay attention to.
What You Will Learn:
Useful Tips To Prepare For QTP/UFT Interview
- QTP is merely a software program that facilitates testing. The last goal of QTP – or another testing software program for that matter- is atmosphere pleasant and environment friendly testing. So make sure that your testing fundamentals are steady.
- Next undeniably is the information in regards to the QTP software program. Make sure you already know all the basic particulars in regards to the software program.
- QTP predominantly relies on a tester’s programming talents to design, develop and hold exams. That does not suggest realizing the entire choices of the software program or VB Script is ample. The most significant skill the automation tester should have is the pliability of logic developing. QTP devices and VB Script are merely autos that allow you to to reach a solution.
- In present days, most interviewers are asking questions that each comprise writing a script on paper or coding on a QTP put in on the machine. If you probably can code on a machine or write the code spontaneously, that’s good! If not, I like to recommend you write the reply to the difficulty given to you in straightforward English statements. This offers you a chance to showcase your reply forming talent. Explain that to translate this reply proper right into a program is solely a matter of referring to the help info of the programming language to hunt out the equal statements.
- In an interview, when you end up writing code, please remember to include suggestions. Showcase good programming practices.
- Before attending a QTP interview, you may need to know the mannequin of the QTP, the add-ins that you just use, the variations of all the alternative software program program you are using, and many others.
- If you have not been using QTP simply these days nevertheless have had earlier experience, it can take a number of hours to re-familiarize with the IDE.
The most common nevertheless important questions that are requested throughout the QTP interview: The best part of these questions is that you’ve got time to prepare an answer prematurely even sooner than the interview begins.
- What are the reasons for choosing to automate your endeavor and why did you choose QTP?
- What was most likely essentially the most tough testing state of affairs you confronted and how did you overcome it?
- Did QTP present atmosphere pleasant in your endeavor? Yes or No, make clear?
- How did you acquire reusability by the use of QTP?
- Did you uncover one thing in your endeavor that QTP proved inefficient to hold out?
- Under what circumstances would you advocate QTP for future initiatives?
We suggest you spend some time with these questions and give you options based in your wise experience from using QTP in your respective initiatives.
Another important question that your interviewer would have an curiosity to know is the statistics.
- How many scripts did you can have?
- How often had been they executed?
- How many traces of code are there in each script?
- Do you make the most of carry out libraries and/or shared ORs?
- How prolonged will it take to develop a script?
- Do the scripts need quite a lot of maintenance? If positive, why?
Again, you may need to be prepared with the options to these questions.
The last piece of advice, be reliable and straightforward. Keep in ideas that not all initiatives are the similar and not all folks follows the similar methods. We advocate that you’ve got a clear understanding of your endeavor and exhibit the potential to review. Nobody expects you to know the whole thing; they solely rely on you to know what you do best.
Let’s switch on to the technical QTP Testing questions.
Given below are the questions that we have coated throughout the latest UFT Interview questions and options as successfully.
QTP Interview Questions And Answers
Most Commonly Asked QuickTest Professional Interview Questions
Q #1) Different kinds of QTP test belongings and their extensions:
Q #2) Technologies supported by QTP:
Answer: Web, Java (Core and Advanced),.Net, WPF, SAP, Oracle, Siebel, IndividualsSoft, Delphi, Power Builder, Stingray 1, Terminal Emulator, Flex, Web Services, Windows Mobile, VisualAge Smalltalk, Silverlight and mainframe terminal emulator
Q #3) Does QTP run in any environment?
Answer: No, QTP works solely throughout the Windows environment.
Q #4) Explain the views throughout the QTP GUI?
Keyword view: This view is a tabular illustration of the entire objects and the actions that are carried out on them. Every row throughout the desk is a step carried out on the AUT and might be modified. Some of the most typical columns displayed are objects, operations, values, and documentation.
Expert view: As the establish signifies, this view is for technical prospects who need to tweak the provision code as per their requirements.
Q #5) What is QTP’s model for test creation?
- Determine Testing desires – Define Testing Environment, Analyze Your Applications and Plan Actions
- Set up repositories – Local or Shared OR
- Define carry out libraries
- Generate test steps – Add steps, Add checkpoints
- Data drive your exams
- Run the exams
Q #6) What are the utterly differing types of Test steps?
Answer: Given below are the 5 kinds of steps:
- Test Object (Performs movement on a TO)
- Utility (Steps to control run session. For occasion, Reporter.report)
- Programming logic (Loop, circumstances…and many others)
Q #7) What are the choice methods to invoke an utility using QTP?
SystemUtil.Run ( FileName, Parameters, Path, Operation )
Example: InvokeApplication “C:Program FilesInternet ExplorerIEXPLORE.EXE http://www.google.com”
c) Creating a shell object using VB Script
Example: Create a “WScript.shell” object.
Set testshell= CreateObject (“Wscript.shell”)
testshell.run “%windirpercentnotepad “
Q #8) What are the utterly totally different Recording modes and how do they work?
QTP offers 3 modes of Recording:
- Normal Recording mode: The default recording method is always the standard mode. This method makes use of the model of Test Objects and Runtime objects to review and act on the AUT.
- Analog recording mode: Records the exact mouse and keystrokes that the patron performs in relation to each the show or the AUT window. The steps that are recorded using this method cannot be edited.
The means this typically will get represented in code is:
One state of affairs by way of which this form of recording might be utilized is whereas attempting to grab a signature.
- Low-Level recording mode: This mode information the coordinates throughout the utility the place the operation is carried out, irrespective of whether or not or not QTP acknowledges the actual Object or Operation.
Q #9) Which Recording modes need further memory?
Answer: Analog and Low-level Recording modes.
Q #10) Is it doable to switch between Recording modes all through a Test creation?
Answer: Yes, within the midst of recording, we’re capable of change to Analog/Low-level mode, finish the responsibility required and return to common recording. The change to Analog mode is simply on the market all through recording and not all through modifying.
Q #11) Does Low-level Recording seize mouse actions?
Answer: No. Mouse actions is not going to be captured.
Q #12) How does QTP decide an object?
Answer: QTP has a predetermined set of properties that it learns/outlets for every class of object it identifies.
There are 3 options to this:
- (*105*) Properties: This is the itemizing of properties for a positive class that QTP always outlets. We would possibly say that that’s the merchandise description. It moreover checks this along with the daddy or mom object to see if the define is ample to find out the merchandise uniquely.
- Assistive Properties: If the define of compulsory properties is insufficient to find out the Object, then a set of non-mandatory properties will possible be added to the define one after the alternative until there’s ample information to find out the merchandise.
- Ordinal Identifier: If the assistive properties moreover do not consequence throughout the distinctive identification of an object a specific ordinal identifier is added by QTP, akin to the merchandise’s location on the internet web page or throughout the provide code.
Q #13) What is Smart Identification?
Answer: If the recorded description does not enable QTP to find out a specific object, then QTP makes use of the “Smart identification” mechanism.
It makes use of the subsequent additional properties to find out the merchandise:
- Base Filter Properties (Primary): A set of properties that may not be modified with out altering the merchandise kind
- Optional Filter Properties (Secondary): Additional properties that help to find out the merchandise uniquely.
Q #14) What is Object Spy?
Answer: Object Spy is an particularly helpful software program that QTP has with a goal to view the properties and operations of an object throughout the AUT. It reveals the entire properties of the merchandise and the corresponding values. It moreover reveals the merchandise hierarchy. There can be a provision that lets prospects add a positive object to the OR.
Q #15) What is an Object Repository?
Answer: OR is form of a warehouse the place the entire objects in a test are saved. OR has the itemizing of Objects that QTP realized by way of the recording course of and the class to which they belong.
It outlets a set of properties that uniquely decide the Object (description) and moreover names the merchandise for the sake of identification in our test, based on its most excellent attribute.
Q #16) What are the two kinds of repositories on the market, make clear them?
Answer: Local and shared Repository, are the two kinds of accessible Repositories.
Every movement by default has an space repository of its private and has the entire objects that are used inside it. Alternately, the tester can have a typical repository for plenty of actions so that each one of them can share the objects that it incorporates. The widespread repository generally known as a shared OR.
Q #17) An movement has every shared and native OR associated to it and every have the similar object in them. Which one will possible be thought-about for the test?
Answer: If an space OR and Shared OR have an object with the similar establish, then the movement will take into consideration the merchandise in its native OR.
Q #18) Can an movement have 2 shared object repositories associated to them? In that case, if two of them embrace the similar object, then which one will possible be thought-about?
Answer: There might be a few Shared OR’s associated to the similar movement. If Shared OR1 and Shared OR2 have one object named OBJ1 each and if the movement requires OBJ1 then the order by way of which the shared ORs had been associated will possible be thought-about. This implies that if the Shared OR1 was first associated then the OBJ1 from Shared OR1 will possible be taken into consideration.
Q #19) Can the patron toggle between using Local OR and Shared OR for the same movement?
Answer: Yes, it is doable to switch between one or the alternative kinds of ORs at any time. To accomplish that, the menu risk is Test -> Settings -> Resources and deciding on the alternatives accordingly.
Q #20) Are Shared ORs read-only?
Answer: By default, shared ORs are open as read-only. In order to open and edit them, you may must open them from the Object Repository Manager.
“ORM -> File -> Enable Editing”
Q #21) What are the advantages of Test Automation?
- Time – It produces quick outcomes.
- No Manual intervention
- Not liable to human errors.
Q #22) If the objects hierarchy is altering from assemble to assemble, then how will you cope with that state of affairs?
Answer: In this case, the descriptive programming might be utilized as a substitute of getting an OR. Even whereas descriptive programming tries to utilize frequent expressions to find out the distinctive property of the objects.
Q #23) I’ve developed and executed a script effectively, and saved the similar to QC. When I tried to execute the script from QC, the script is not going to be executing. What are the doable causes?”
- Firstly, QuickTest Add-In for Quality Center must be put in.
- In the QTP Tools -> Options -> run tab it’s essential to have ‘Allow totally different Mercury merchandise to run exams and components’ chosen.
- Make sure you are working QTP as an Admin.
- All test sources should be on the correct path.
Q #24) What is the extension of the QTP Local Repository? If it is .mtr then what does .bdb extension stand for?
Answer: .bdb is the native OR. .mtr is a binary file that comes with totally different particulars about checkpoints and all. To re-verify the .bdb is the OR, try and rename the file with the extension as .tsr and open it from ORM. The similar objects throughout the OR will possible be displayed proper right here. The similar will not work whenever you try it on the .mtr file.
Q #25) What is a Virtual Object?
Answer: A digital object is a non-standard object that is instructed by the tester by the use of QTP to behave like a daily one. You can confirm for further particulars on this in tutorial #23
Q #26) How do you seize tooltip using QTP?
Answer: Tool Tip seize methods fluctuate counting on the sort of object this tooltip appears for. It may probably be for hyperlinks, photos or another web elements.
- For web elements use: Object.title property.
- For image: Image(“some establish”).GetROProperty(“alt”)…..and many others.
Q #27) How can you shut the second opened browser?
Answer: You can uncover out which browser event was opened after one different by way of the usage of the “creation time” property. In straightforward phrases, that’s nothing nevertheless a counter for each browser event that can get launched. For the first one, it is 0 and will get incremented from then on. To shut the second opened browser, you need to make the most of the subsequent code:
Q #28) How have you ever learnt the number of browsers opened?
Answer: To try this, you may must confirm what variety of teenager objects of the type ‘browser’ are present on the desktop.
The following is the code that explains it:
Set ObjectBrowser = Description.Create
ObjectBrowser(“micclass”).Value = “Browser”
Set BObj = Desktop.YoungsterObjects(ObjectBrowser)
Q #29) What is the synchronization stage in QTP?
Answer: It is a attribute that QTP offers to make your test wait until a positive property on a positive object turns into an anticipated price sooner than persevering with with the next steps. You can confirm for further information in tutorial #24.
Q #30) What is a Reusable movement?
Answer: An movement that could be generally known as plenty of events inside or exterior the similar test generally known as the Reusable movement. By default, all actions are reusable. You can confirm for further information in tutorial #21.
Q #31) Why will we use breakpoints in QTP?
Answer: This is to stop the execution of your test at a positive stage whereas it’s working. Typically it is used to look at the state of your utility or to know the way a positive attribute works at a positive half at runtime. (The confirm is, in truth, a handbook step.)
Q #32) What is a Throw object?
Answer: VB Script does not have any specific throw object. (At least to the best of my information) This question will not come up besides a specific add-in that helps this attribute is explored.
Q #33) How have you ever learnt the state of affairs Id of an object when you already know its index id?
Answer: Location is the place of the merchandise from left to correct and excessive to bottom all through the daddy or mom window, physique, or dialog discipline relative to totally different associated objects.
Index Id is the order by way of which the merchandise appears in your AUT relative to totally different associated objects. For Example, you most likely have 2 hyperlinks, then index id=0 can be the primary hyperlink and index id=1 can be the second hyperlink.
The reply to this question is solely relying on the place the merchandise lies, whether or not or not it is all through the similar father or mom or not.
Q #34) What test cases can you automate using QTP?
Answer: As an automation fanatic, I would say you probably can automate one thing. It is simply restricted by your creativeness and expertise. However, in case you need to understand the look, actually really feel, or human response to a positive attribute, then that is not doable. This is the case with any software program, not specific to QTP.
Q #35) How to cope with the Java tree in QTP?
Answer: You would possibly need to select and load the Java Add-in. Then you probably can file and work on a Java Tree object just like you’d with another object.
Q #36) How to supply a reputation to a special movement from one movement?
Answer: Calling one movement from the alternative might be accomplished by “Inserting a reputation” to an present movement or by making a model new movement. Please focus on with tutorial #21 for an in depth rationalization.
Q #37) How to hunt out Operating system information using the QTP script?
Answer: You can do that with the help of the environment variable. The precise variable is: OS and OSVersion are for the mannequin information.
Q #38) How can you decide the browser and its information using the QTP script?
Answer: You can decide and act on any browser that you just opened as soon as extra by referring to its ‘creationtime’ property and using it corresponding to you’d with a browser object in your OR.
Q #39) How are actions and options utterly totally different in QTP?
Answer: Actions have their very personal Datatables and OR, nevertheless options don’t. More importantly, Functions are a VB Scripting side, not solely related to QTP. Please focus on with tutorial #21 for an in depth rationalization of these.
Q #40) Explain how you should utilize QTP to confirm broken hyperlinks on an internet web page.
Answer: Page checkpoint. You can incorporate this net web page checkpoint on every net web page to confirm for broken hyperlinks. In order to take motion, you probably can go to Tools -> Options -> Web -> Advanced and choose the selection to confirm for broken hyperlinks mechanically on every net web page QTP accesses. Check for further information in tutorial #15.
Q #41) Can we run plenty of QTP scripts one after the alternative with out handbook intervention? How?
Answer: Yes. To accomplish that, you may must create a batch file using the batch runner software program, and particulars in regards to the similar is on the market in tutorial #23.
Q #42) Explain the tactic of excellent identification in QTP.
Answer: If the recorded description does not enable QTP to find out the required object in a step, and a smart identification definition is printed (and enabled) for the merchandise, then QTP tries to find out the merchandise using “Smart identification”. For further information, please focus on with tutorial #23.
Q #43) When to utilize a shared and native Object Repository?
Answer: The selection is completely as a lot as you. Shared OR will make further sense you most likely have plenty of scripts referring to the similar objects.
Q #44) What are the advantages of Object Repository?
Answer: OR is an inbuilt attribute supplied by QTP to retailer your test objects. There are many advantages and an vital one is that it is a compulsory side besides you are going for descriptive programming. You can confirm for further information on OR in tutorial #22.
Q #45) In the Hybrid framework, information can entry the database, excel file, XML, and many others. Is that true?
Answer: Yes. Any of the talked about information sources are permissible.
Q #46) How to affiliate carry out library at a run time?
- You can accomplish that by way of the usage of the “LoadFunctionLibrary” method. LoadFunctionLibrary “Complete path”
- You might use the ExecuteFile method. ExecuteFile “Complete path”
Q #47) The hybrid framework might be carried out for any utility. Is it true?
Q #48) Hybrid framework helps Descriptive programming. Is that true?
Answer: Yes. Frameworks are largely based on how and the place you want your test belongings to be positioned and how they’re to be accessed for max effectivity. They do not restrict the way in which you write your test itself.
Q #49) What are the advantages of a hybrid framework?
Answer: The hybrid framework is nothing nevertheless a mixture of frameworks that make you arrive at a solution in your testing desires by taking what works best in your state of affairs. The obvious profit is versatility. It might be tailored to meet any testing endeavor’s need.
Q #50) What is a (105) or Subroutine in VB Script?
Answer: The sub course of is a sequence of VB Script statements (enclosed by Sub and End Sub statements) that perform actions nevertheless don’t return a worth. A Sub course of can take arguments (constants, variables, or expressions that are handed by a calling course of). If a Sub course of has no argument, then its sub assertion ought to embrace an empty set of parentheses ().
Q #51) Is VB Script Case delicate or Case insensitive?
Answer: It is not going to be case delicate with respect to command and variable names. Everything else, like strings (textual content material) is.
Q #52) How to file functions working on the Virtual machine?
Answer: You can entry and file the QTP script as long as the making use of is on the market to you by the use of a browser and not by way of the usage of the distant connecting software program program.
Q #53) What are the weather on which script execution time depends?
- Network and computer speeds. The response time from the app, the database, and many others. This is true even when you’re manually executing the test.
- It moreover is set by the wait statements you can have included.
- Not loading the add-ins that your test does not use helps too.
- Descriptive programming steps take longer than frequent ones to execute.
- Capturing screenshots at runtime by QTP moreover consumes time.
- Disabling good identification moreover quickens the QTP script working time.
Q #54) What is the Test Fusion Report in QTP?
Answer: Test Fusion report as a result of the establish signifies is an in depth test consequence that QTP offers in a tree format. It has the entire iteration information and information used for each of them along with the standard information.
Q #55) Both Static and dynamic arrays are handled by VB script. Is it true?
Answer: Yes. A static array is claimed as Dim A(10). This means it’s an array of 11 objects. If the tester desires to alter it to incorporate 20 objects, then he can accomplish that by way of the usage of ‘redim’.
redim A(19) – there is a “Preserve” assertion that may be utilized along with the redim assertion. When shield is used, the entire earlier values is not going to be erased.
Q #56) What is the excellence between the Keyword view and the Expert view?
Answer: These are the two strategies by way of which QTP reveals your test. Each one has its private choices and caters to prospects of assorted ranges of expertise.
Keyword view: This is a tabular illustration of your test that has information identical to the Item, Operation, Data and, Comments.
Expert view: This exhibits your test in terms of the exact traces of code. It is further like a VB Script editor and is utilized by superior prospects.
Q #57) On the site, the protocol has been modified from http: to https what you may do? Tell me your technique.
Answer: Since the protocol change does not primarily impact the UI change, moreover maybe for a warning message about certificates, there is not going to be many changes. All you need to do is current a model new URL and simply bear in mind to cope with security-related pop-ups.
Q #58) What are the choices and benefits of Quick Test Pro (QTP)?
- Keyword-driven testing
- Suitable for every client-server and web-based functions.
- VB script as a result of the script language.
- Better error coping with mechanism.
- Excellent data-driven testing choices.
Q #59) How to cope with the exceptions using the restoration state of affairs supervisor in QTP?
Answer: You can instruct QTP to get higher stunning events or errors that occurred in your testing environment all through a test run. The restoration state of affairs supervisor offers a wizard that guides you through the defining restoration state of affairs.
The restoration state of affairs has three steps:
- Triggered Events
- Recovery steps
- Post-Recovery Test-Run
Q #60) What is utilizing Text output price in QTP?
Answer: Output values help you view the values that the making use of talks about all through runtime. When parameterized, the values change for each iteration. Thus by creating output values, we’re capable of seize the values that the making use of takes for each run and output them to the information desk.
Q #61) How to utilize the Object Spy in QTP 8.0 mannequin?
Answer: There are two strategies to Spy the objects in QTP:
- Thru file toolbar: In the File ToolBar, click on on on the ultimate toolbar button (an icon displaying a person with a hat).
- Thru ObjectRepository Dialog: In the Object Repository dialog click on on on the button “object spy…” In the Object, spy Dialog click on on on the button displaying the hand picture. The pointer now changes proper right into a hand picture and we have to stage out the merchandise to spy the state of the merchandise. If the least bit the merchandise is not going to be seen or the window is minimized then preserve the Ctrl button and activate the required window and launch the Ctrl button.
Q #62) What is the file extension of the code file and object repository file in QTP?
File extension of
- Per test object rep: filename.mtr
- Shared Object rep: filename.tsr
- Code file extension id: script.mts
Q #63) Explain the thought of object repository and how QTP acknowledges objects.
Object Repository: It exhibits a tree of all objects throughout the current half or throughout the current movement or full test( counting on the merchandise repository mode you selected). We can view or modify the test object description of any test object throughout the repository or add new objects to the repository.
QuickTest learns the default property values and determines by way of which test object class it matches. If this is not ample, it offers assistive properties, one after the opposite, to the define until it has compiled a novel description.
If no assistive properties might be discovered, then it offers a specific Ordinal identifier akin to the merchandise’s location on the internet web page or throughout the provide code.
Q #64) What are the properties that you just’d use for determining a browser and net web page when using descriptive programming?
Answer: “establish” might be one different property apart from the “title” that we’re ready to make use of. OR We might use the property “micClass”.
For Example, Browser(“micClass:=browser”).net web page(“micClass:=net web page”)
Q #65) What are the utterly totally different scripting languages that you’d use whereas working with QTP?
Answer: You can write scripts using the subsequent languages:
Q #66) Tell some typically used Excel VBA options.
Answer: Common options embrace Coloring the cell, Autofit cell, setting navigation from the hyperlink in a single cell to totally different saving
Q #67) Explain the important thing phrase createobject with an occasion.
Answer: Creates and returns a reference to an Automation object
syntax: CreateObject(servername.typename [, location])
server-name: Required. Name of the making use of providing the merchandise.
kind establish: Required. The kind or class of the merchandise to create.
location: Optional. Name of the neighborhood server the place the merchandise is to be created.
Q #68) Explain the QTP Automation Object Model briefly.
Answer: Essentially all configuration and working efficiency supplied by the use of the QuickTest interface is not directly represented throughout the QuickTest automation object model by the use of objects, methods, and properties.
Although a one-on-one comparability can’t always be made, most dialog packing containers in QuickTest have a corresponding automation object, most selections in dialog packing containers might be set and/or retrieved using the corresponding object property, and most menu directions and totally different operations have corresponding automation methods.
You can use the objects, methods, and properties uncovered by the QuickTest automation object model, along with the standard programming elements akin to loops and conditional statements to design your program.
Q #69) How to cope with dynamic objects in QTP?
Answer: QTP has a novel attribute generally known as Smart Object Identification/recognition. QTP usually identifies an object by matching its test object and run-time object properties.
QTP may fail to acknowledge the dynamic objects whose properties change all through run time. Hence there’s an selection to permit Smart Identification, whereby it’d most likely decide the objects even when their properties change all through run time.
Check this out:
If QuickTest is unable to hunt out any object that matches the recorded object description, or if it finds a few object that matches the define, then QuickTest ignores the recorded description and makes use of the Smart Identification mechanism to aim to find out the merchandise.
While the Smart Identification mechanism is further superior and further versatile, thus, if configured logically, a Smart Identification definition can perhaps help QuickTest decide an object, whether or not it’s present, even when the recorded description fails.
The Smart Identification mechanism makes use of two kinds of properties:
- Base filter properties: The most simple properties of a selected test object class; these whose values cannot be modified with out altering the essence of the distinctive object. For occasion, if an web hyperlink’s tag was modified to another price, then you wouldn’t identify it the similar object.
- Optional filter properties: Other properties which will help decide objects of a selected class as they’re unlikely to differ often, nevertheless which might be ignored if they are not related.
Q #70) What is a Run-Time Data Table? Where can I uncover and view this desk?
Answer: In QTP, there is a information desk that is used at runtime.
- In QTP, select the selection View ->Data desk.
- This is principally an excel file, which is saved throughout the folder of the test created, its establish is Default.xls by default.
Q #71) How do Parameterization and Data-Driving relate to 1 one other in QTP?
Answer: To be data-driven, we have to parameterize. i.e., we have to make the mounted price as a parameter so that in each interaction(cycle) it takes a worth that is geared up in a run-time information desk.
Only by parameterization, we’re capable of drive a transaction (movement) with utterly totally different items of data. As you already know, working the script with the similar set of data plenty of events is not going to be beneficial, and it’s moreover of no use.
Q #72) What is the excellence between Call to Action and Copy Action?
Answer: Call to Action: The changes made in Call to Action will possible be mirrored throughout the genuine movement (from the place the script generally known as). But whereas in Copy Action, the changes made throughout the script will not impact the distinctive script (Action).
Q #73) Explain the thought of how QTP identifies the merchandise.
Answer: During recording, QTP seems to be like on the thing and outlets it as a test object.
For each test object, QTP learns a set of default properties generally known as compulsory properties and seems to be like on the the rest of the objects to confirm whether or not or not these properties are ample to uniquely decide the merchandise. During the test run, QTP searches for the runtime objects that match with the test object it realized whereas recording.
Q #74) Differentiate the two Object Repository Types of QTP.
Answer: Object Repository is used to retailer the entire objects throughout the utility being examined.
Types of object repository: Per movement and Shared repository.
In the Shared Repository, there is only one centralized repository for the entire exams, whereas in Per movement, for each test a separate per movement repository is created.
Q #75) What are the variations and best wise utility of Object Repository?
Per Action: For each Action, one Object Repository is created.
Shared: One Object Repository is utilized by your full utility
Q #76) Explain the excellence between Shared Repository and Per Action Repository.
Shared Repository: Entire utility makes use of 1 Object Repository that is identical to the Global GUI Map file in WinRunner.
Per Action: For each Action, one Object Repository is created, like a GUI map file per test in WinRunner.
Q #77) Have you ever written a compiled module? If positive, inform me about among the many options that you just wrote.
Answer: Sample reply (You can focus on in regards to the modules you labored on. If your reply is bound then it’s essential to rely on further questions and should be able to make clear these modules in later questions): I Used the options for Capturing the dynamic information all through runtime. The carry out is used for Capturing the Desktop, browser, and pages.
Q #78) Can you do further than merely seize and playback?
Answer: Sample reply (Say positive offered that you just labored on): I’ve accomplished dynamically capturing the objects all through runtime by way of which no recording, no playback, and no use of the repository is completed the least bit. This was accomplished by Windows scripting using the DOM (Document Object Model) of residence home windows.
Q #79) How to do the scripting? Are there any inbuilt options in QTP? What is the excellence between them? How will we cope with script factors?
Answer: Yes, there’s an inbuilt efficiency generally known as “Step Generator” in Insert -> Step -> Step Generator – F7, which is ready to generate the scripts as you enter the acceptable steps.
Q #80) What is the excellence between checkpoint and output price?
Answer: An output price is the price captured by way of the test run and is entered throughout the run-time nevertheless to a specified location.
For Example, Location in Data Table[Global sheet / local sheet]
Q #81) How many kinds of Actions are there in QTP?
There are three kinds of actions:
- Non-reusable movement: An movement that could be generally known as solely throughout the test with which it is saved, and might be generally known as solely as quickly as.
- Reusable movement: An movement that could be generally known as plenty of events by the test with which it is saved (the native test) along with by totally different exams.
- External movement: A reusable movement is saved with one different test. External actions are read-only throughout the calling test, nevertheless you probably can choose to utilize an space, editable copy of the Data Table information for exterior movement.
Q #82) I must open a Notepad window with out recording a test and I need not use the System utility Run command as successfully. How do I try this?
Answer: You can nonetheless open the notepad with out using the file or System utility script, just by mentioning the path of the notepad “( i.e. the place the notepad.exe is saved throughout the system) throughout the “Windows Applications Tab” of the “Record and Run Settings window.
Most Popular UFT Interview Questions and Answers
HP UFT (Hewlett Packard – Unified Functional Testing) earlier was generally known as as HP QTP (Hewlett Packard – Quick Test Professional). This software program is used for the Automation Testing of functions or websites.
With the help of this software program, we feature out diversified kinds of testing like helpful testing, regression testing, and many others. HP UFT may additionally be used at an enterprise diploma for testing features. VB (Visual Basic) scripting language is utilized in UFT, which is a bit simple and a straightforward language when compared with the alternative OOP (Object Oriented Programming) languages.
Using HP UFT, a tester can test every the front-end and back-end of the software program program functions. The front-end testing half generally known as GUI testing and the back-end testing half generally known as API (Application Programming Interface).
With this software program, we’re capable of test your full utility or a specified half/logic/object of the making use of.
Note: Using the UFT software program, one can run and test the software program program web utility on distant MAC machines with the help of the Safari browser.
Here we go together with the most typical interview questions and options to HP UFT:
Q #1) Which choices or drawbacks of QTP consequence within the enhance for a extra moderen mannequin?
- The vital attribute of QTP i.e., “testing solely GUI” consequence within the enhance for a extra moderen mannequin of the software program program.
- QTP incorporates very massive exams, which consequence within the consumption of additional memory. Due to this, the CPU will get utilized for an prolonged time and this impacts the system’s velocity.
- The outcomes of scripts executed in QTP are saved as HTML info as a substitute of textual content material (.txt) info. With this, the dimensions of the consequence info or group of data will occupy further system space.
Q #2) How is UFT 11.5 mannequin utterly totally different from UFT 12.0?
Answer: UFT 11.5 mannequin is a mixture of GUI and API, whereas UFT 12.0 is a mixture of GUI, API, and BPT (Business Process Testing).
Q #3) Define the Error Pane of UFT.
Answer: While engaged on scripts like executing, saving, opening the scripts, and many others, we may face just some errors. Such errors are listed and displayed in an house typically generally known as the “Error Pane”.
The kinds of errors listed throughout the Error Pane embrace:
- Code syntax errors
- Missing sources
- Missing references and property values
Note: Earlier in QTP, Information Pane was utilized in capturing code syntax errors.
Q #4) Can UFT be associated to the Quality Center? If positive, momentary the tactic or steps.
Answer: Yes, UFT might be associated to QC.
This might be accomplished from the doorway end or GUI as confirmed below:
Go to the menu File -> Select ‘Quality Center’, and you then might be prompted to enter the URL of the Quality Center.
After coming into the URL it moreover asks for the login credentials like client id, password, endeavor, and many others. Enter the required particulars and then it’s potential so that you can to execute the scripts from QC.
Q #5) Is it doable to utilize two conditions of UFT on the similar machine? If no, make clear why?
Answer: No, we can’t use two conditions of UFT on the similar machine. However, UFT handles plenty of conditions of functions that are going to be examined.
We might even work on two utterly totally different functions on the similar machine with out stopping the recording of UFT. To try this, you need to modify just some configuration settings for UFT.
You need to decide the selection “Record and Run on any opened utility” from Automation -> Record and Run settings -> select.
For occasion, UFT can work on plenty of residence home windows of the IE browser.
Q #6) What is meant by Output Value in UFT?
Answer: An Output Value step is used to grab the price from any space or price of any object property when the script execution is going on. Such values are saved throughout the desired location throughout the information desk and might be utilized as enter for the alternative fields or objects at one different stage throughout the test script.
There are 4 kinds of output values, which embrace:
- Standard Output price
- Text or Text Area Output Value
- Database output price and
- XML output price
Q #7) Define Environment Variable in UFT along with its makes use of.
Answer: In UFT we use just some worldwide variables to retailer worldwide information like User Id and Password. Such worldwide variables are termed Environment variables.
There are three kinds of environment variables in UFT, which embrace:
- Built-in (Read-Only)
- User-defined – Internal (Read-Only)
- User-defined – External (Read / Write)
Uses of Environment Variables embrace:
- With the help of these environment variables, the parameters are outlined throughout the test scripts.
- These environment variables are utilized in diversified exams or actions.
- We can retailer hyperlinks to websites (URLs), testing environment particulars, and many others., in these environment variables.
Q #8) Brief the tactic of testing with UFT.
Answer: There are seven phases of the testing course of using UFT:
#1) Preparing the Plan for Testing: In this half, you may decide and select the environment, system configuration, and many others., used for testing. You will even prioritize the steps that are involved in testing and determining the test information too. It may additionally predict the anticipated output of the scripts.
#2) Capturing the actions carried out on the Application: In this half, you may perform the testing steps or actions on the internet website/utility that is to be examined. Simultaneously, UFT will mechanically file and seize the testing actions that are executed throughout the utility.
#3) Boosting the Test Script: This half will make the test script further engaging by together with additional outcomes like inserting the checkpoints, parameterization, declaring the output values, and many others.
#4) Executing the Test Script as soon as extra: At this stage, the test script is executed as quickly as as soon as extra with a goal to confirm whether or not or not the script runs simply with the extra additions made throughout the earlier step. If any bugs are detected then they’re debugged and mounted.
#5) Actual execution of the test script throughout the utility: Now run the test script to hold out the exact execution on this half.
#6) Examining the test outcomes: After the test execution, the outcomes are analyzed from the test report generated.
#7) Analyzing the defects: If we uncover any bugs by way of the execution that leads to the failure of the test script, then the similar should be reported throughout the Defects Report.
Q #9) Suggest and define a solution for an utility whose objects is not going to be acknowledged by UFT.
Answer: If an object is not going to be acknowledged by UFT then now we have to adjust to just some major elements like verifying whether or not or not the entire required Add-ins are loaded or not, looking for any UFT patches, and many others.
There are 3 phases of choices to kind out this problem.
- Tool Level Solution: At this diploma, we try to make use of low-level recording mode, the configuration of digital objects, and many others.
- Organization Level Solution: Try to gather relevant properties or particulars about objects that are not acknowledged by UFT. Generally, development teams will consider the entire properties of the objects.
- Vendor Level Solution: Consult the respective distributors referring to this problem and improve a ticket/token for the same.
Q #10) What is utilizing working the scripts in Hidden-mode in UFT?
Answer: A client can run the test scripts for UFT in Hidden-mode. Running the test scripts on this mode will improve the execution and its velocity. As User intervention is not going to be required by way of the execution of scripts, this hidden mode might be utilized merely.
The test outcomes might be seen by the patron after the script execution will get achieved. To enable this hidden mode, go to “Remote Agent Setting” and select the selection “Run UFT in hidden mode”.
Q #11) What is Cross-browser testing? Does UFT help this?
Answer: Yes, UFT helps testing all through diversified browsers like Chrome, Safari, IE, Firefox, and many others.
With this attribute, we’re capable of file the script on one browser and run the similar on one different browser with none configuration changes.
Q #12) What is Distributed testing? How does UFT help it?
Answer: Distributed Testing means testing the making use of on plenty of machines, purchasers, servers, mobiles, and many others. UFT helps this distributed testing with a model new attribute generally known as “Run-time engine”.
Q #13) Describe the variations between options and actions in UFT.
Answer: The below-mentioned pointers make clear how options are utterly totally different from actions.
- Functions is not going to be associated to Object Repository and Data Table whereas Actions hold their very personal Object Repository and Data Table.
- Functions are elements of VB scripting that are not solely restricted to UFT whereas Actions are elements of UFT.
- With the help of options, the code will get re-used and with actions, the test will get re-used.
- The widespread attribute between options and actions is that every are associated to enter parameters, output parameters, and return values.
- A Script might be divided into plenty of Actions like Sign In, Sign Out, and many others., whereas a Function is created in a script.
Action Example: Entering any price or information in any space or clicking on any button of an utility is termed as an Action. (Entering 20 in opposition to the age space is termed as an movement or clicking on the Submit button can be an movement).
Function Example: Any calculation half or formulae behind clicking on any button is termed as a Function. (After clicking on the ADD button, the addition carried out on the back-end is completed by a carry out).
Q #14) What are the various kinds of Actions in UFT?
Answer: “Action” means a step or a bunch of steps utilized in testing an utility. Each script has only one movement.
Generally, there are 3 kinds of actions.
- Non- Reusable Action: This movement might be generally known as solely as quickly as by the test by way of which it is written or saved.
- Reusable Action: Can identify this as many events as required by the test. It can be saved throughout the test itself.
- External Action: The establish itself, explains that this movement is saved in a single different (exterior) test. This works within the similar means as a result of the reusable movement, merely with a distinction in its location. This exterior movement might be edited as successfully.
Q #15) What is meant by a Check Point in UFT? Also, make clear the related Check Points.
Answer: Check Point represents the aim the place a selected state of affairs or price of an object is verified in opposition to a different mounted or present price. Checkpoints might be inserted at any stage throughout the test script. UFT helps diversified kinds of checkpoints.
- Standard Checkpoint: This checkpoint is used to substantiate the merchandise properties of buttons, lists, and many others.
- Image Checkpoint: It checks the properties of images.
- Bitmap Checkpoint: It checks the precise zooming property of the images.
- Table Checkpoint: It verifies the details of tables like row peak, width, and many others.
- Text Checkpoint: It checks the place of the textual content material at a selected place.
- Text Area Checkpoint: It checks whether or not or not the textual content material is displayed throughout the specified house or not.
- Accessibility Checkpoint: It checks the standardization of the websites.
- Page Checkpoint: It checks the properties of an web net web page identical to the number of hyperlinks and photos in a webpage, the time taken for loading the net web page, and many others.
- Database Checkpoint: It is used to confirm the database values.
- XML Checkpoint: It is used to substantiate the information and information related to XML.
Q #16) How is a Bitmap checkpoint utterly totally different from an Image checkpoint?
Answer: Using “bitmap checkpoint” we’re capable of consider the point-to-point positions of the anticipated and exact output photos. This checkpoint works using the pixels of the image house or webpage house.
Whereas the Image checkpoint checks solely the properties related to the images like its provide file, values, and many others.
For the bitmap checkpoint, we do not desire a particular image, it checks the show house whereas the image checkpoint compulsorily desires an image. Using the bitmap checkpoint we’re capable of even test a part of an image.
Q #17) Differentiate the sort of test cases that could be automated and cannot be automated.
Given below are just some:
- We can’t automate Test Cases that require human interference.
- The newly designed Test Cases is not going to be automated. They should be executed not lower than as quickly as manually.
- Tests that must be executed repeatedly should be automated.
- Tests that must be examined with plenty of items of data are automated.
- Test cases are based on requirements that changes repeatedly cannot be automated.
Q #18) How many kinds of Automation frameworks are there in UFT? Describe them.
Answer: Automation Framework – A gaggle of Instructions adopted by way of the scripting or coding is termed as a Framework. These instructions embrace the format of a datasheet, necessities used for coding, and many others.
The diversified Automation frameworks are as follows:
- Linear Scripting
- Data-Driven Testing
- Keyword Driven
- Hybrid Framework
- Test Library Architecture
Q #19) Explain how Selenium is totally totally different from UFT.
Below are just some variations between Selenium and HP UFT:
- Selenium is an open-source software program whereas UFT is not going to be. Selenium does not require a license to utilize it, nonetheless, UFT does need it.
- UFT solely helps VB Scripting whereas Selenium scripting might be accomplished using JAVA, Perl, .web, PHP, and many others.
- Using UFT we’re capable of test web-based, residence home windows based, and mainframe functions. Selenium is simply used to test web functions.
- Testing by UFT is much extra pricey than testing with Selenium.
- UFT scripts are further user-friendly than Selenium Scripts.
Q #20) How is a Step generator utilized in UFT?
Answer: Step Generator might be essentially the most useful and important built-in attribute of UFT. It is used in order so as to add or create the steps in test scripts with out recording. We might even file the disabled objects by the step generator. If we miss any steps all through recording, then we’re ready so as to add the similar with the help of the Step Generator.
Q #21) Explain the model new attribute of UFT referring to the export of test outcomes.
Answer: In the earlier variations of QTP, the patron manually exported the test outcomes to PDF or HTML codecs.
However, this attribute is now automated in UFT, such that the test outcomes are mechanically exported to HTML or PDF info when small changes are made to the settings.
Go to the menu Tools -> Options -> General tab and select ‘Run lessons’.
Q #22) Which methods are used to cope with exceptions or run-time errors in UFT?
Answer: In UFT, we have two methods to cope with run-time errors or exceptions.
- Create a restoration state of affairs and embrace (linking) the similar in each test script.
- By using ‘On Error Resume subsequent’ assertion, the execution of the script jumps to the next immediate assertion regardless of the exception assertion.
Q #23) Can you momentary the hurdles you confronted all through Automation testing?
Answer: General hurdles that every automation tester will face all through testing are:
- Just a number of events the making use of beneath test (AUT) will not be on the market for testing on account of some factors.
- Sometimes the choices of the making use of get modified or modified. This leads to some maintenance factors and causes the testing to be stopped for some interval.
- The automation test environment of the making use of may not be on the market.
Q #24) What are the choices supported by UFT?
Answer: Generally UFT helps three kinds of choices.
- Direct Features: Features that are built-in with a UFT software program window like Data Table, Object Spy, Step generator and many others.
- HP Integrated Tools: These devices might be mechanically put in if the UFT is put in. Example: Test Batch Runner, Password Encoder, and many others.
- Other Integrated Tools: If we have to use these devices, then a client desires to place in them. Example: VB Script, SQL and many others.
Q #25) Define the Canvas view of UFT.
Answer: Canvas is a present panel, which exhibits the graphical kind of actions of the test circulation that happens by way of the testing course of. As per our desires, we’re capable of change the actions from excessive to bottom.
We hope, this article will possible be very useful for a lot of who’re making able to attend the interview on Automation Testing of UFT/QTP.
It is advisable to endure the software program as quickly as and experience its look and actually really feel sooner than going by way of the interviewer. Go by the sooner and the newest variations of QTP/UFT, in order that you can get just some further ideas on the variations between diversified variations.
These questions will possible be useful to prepare for QTP/UFT interview. If you come all through any new questions please be at liberty to publish throughout the suggestions below. We will try and reply it.
We need you all success in your Interview!!!