PractiTest End-to-end Test Management Tool Hands-on Review Tutorial:
Software testing is an integral part of any company that has a product or service consumed by customers. This applies to organizations of any size – from startups, mid-size and larger organizations, who are looking to increase release cycles to meet growing customer demands.
Recommended IPTV Service Providers
- IPTVGREAT – Rating 4.8/5 ( 600+ Reviews )
- IPTVRESALE – Rating 5/5 ( 200+ Reviews )
- IPTVGANG – Rating 4.7/5 ( 1200+ Reviews )
- IPTVUNLOCK – Rating 5/5 ( 65 Reviews )
- IPTVFOLLOW -Rating 5/5 ( 48 Reviews )
- IPTVTOPS – Rating 5/5 ( 43 Reviews )
Test cases are a vital part of the software testing process and keep growing as the complexity of the product increases.
Initially, teams are able to manage a set of test cases easily but once they start exponentially increasing in size, it becomes a nightmare for teams to maintain them and ensure they are still relevant to the overall testing effort. This is where a robust test case management platform like PractiTest can help.
Below is an overview of PractiTest and how it serves as a one-stop solution for all items related to testing.
What You Will Learn:
What Is PractiTest?
PractiTest is a SaaS-based end to end test case management platform covering the entire QA process.
It supports documenting requirements, providing mapping of requirements to test cases, ability create/run/edit test cases, log defects within the platform and integrate it into a defect management system and finally, providing better visibility and control through all these interactions via beautiful reports and dashboards; that can be easily shared within teams.
How PractiTest differentiates itself from other tools?
The main problems of growing test cases are maintaining them, gauging test coverage and making sure they are relevant to rapidly changing features of the product. PractiTest is built to address these problems by making test cases as reusable as possible.
Once a test case is created within PractiTest; any changes made to the test case in any location of the platform are automatically reflected throughout the application. This helps to save a considerable amount of time and effort during testing.
For Example, Say, the company has distributed teams and multiple teams are working on the same feature. There are going to be instances where the same test cases would be reworked multiple times by several teams. It does not make sense if different versions of the same test cases exist consuming unwanted time, effort and cost to the company.
Instead, PractiTest would ensure a change in the test case is reflected in all locations throughout the platform to eliminate these kinds of problems.
PraciTest – Basic Features
There are several tools, features, plugins, and integrations available within PractiTest. For the purpose of this tutorial, we will walk you through the platform as a first time user and highlight the main features of the platform.
PraciTest has five basic modules:
- Requirements: All the requirements about the application is created and stored in this module.
- Test Library: All the tests are created and stored in this module.
- Test Sets: The tests created in the Test Library can be run in different ways in the Test Sets module.
- Issues: The issue module is where you can add, view and modify your issues.
- Reports: This module helps to create reports & dashboards with professionally-predefined templates and customizations.
Each of the above modules has its own separate page and have three basic properties:
- A left pane with filter options.
- A right pane showing different kinds of information related to test cases.
- A toolbar at the top showing what options are available to the user on the particular page.
The same format is carried over to each and every page giving the user a seamless experience across the tool.
First-time Login Experience
Once a user creates an account and logs into PraciTest, tooltips, and videos pop-up letting them know the different options available within the platform.
End-to-end Flow-Through PractiTest
PractiTest ensures that the entire life cycle of a test case is managed seamlessly. Below, we highlight a common end-to-end scenario that teams would experience as part of their daily activities:
#1) Creating a New Requirement: A new requirement is created using the “New Requirement” option.
#2) Creating a New Test
- The user creates a new test by clicking the “New Test” option
- The user has an option to do both scripted or exploratory testing
- The test case can be linked to the requirement
#3) Adding Tests created to a TestSet
- The tests created can be organized into different suites such as Regression, Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing through the “New TestSet” option
- Tests can be executed as part of a TestSet
- Once the test execution is complete, results are immediately generated showing testing progress
#4) Creating and viewing issues
- Issues created within PractiTest directly feeds into the team’s defect management tool through the integrations provided within the platform. There is no need for context switching between tools during the issue-reporting process.
- All issues can be viewed under the Issues module.
#5) Generate Reports and Dashboards
- Use professionally-predefined templates, filters, and customizations to create reports
- Users can embed these reports in a confluence page or wiki.
- The reports can be easily shared with PractiTest and non-PractiTest users via HTML
Cutting Edge Features
Apart from the features mentioned above, PractiTest differentiates itself from its competitors by providing flexibility for teams to easily collaborate with one another. Some features worth mentioning here are:
#1) Import and Export Feature
PractiTest provides the ability to import and export issues, tests, steps, and requirements. This helps teams to share and import data to and from the tool. Organizations; especially those having strict guidelines and auditing processes will find this feature really valuable.
#2) Support for Scripted and Exploratory Testing
The platform gives options to do both scripted and exploratory testing. A tester can write detailed test cases or choose to write charters to perform an exploratory testing session. Everything is handled within the platform itself instead of having to use 3rd party tools.
#3) Control access restrictions
The platform gives the flexibility to control the type of access developers, testers and other team members have, giving a more personalized experience to different personas
#4) Custom Fields
The user has the ability to create their own custom fields making it more specific to the project. These custom fields can be selected within different tests and issues.
There are two licensing models for developers and testers. The customer is billed only at the end of the month after usage; instead of demanding advanced payment. Also, flexible plans are available that can be changed on a day to day basis; and users get charged only based on the usage of the tool.
#6) Browser Support
PractiTest supports all the major browsers including Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge, and Safari.
A test case management platform is the cog in the huge wheel of different testing processes and tools. All the information regarding the tests flows in and out through this system. PracitTest provides multiple integrations to seamlessly integrate with other tools used in agile teams. Some of the popular integrations that are available include JIRA, Azure DevOps, Pivotal, Jenkins, Slack and GitHub.
There is also support available to use PraciTest as part of your CI/CD pipeline. Using the inbuilt integrations tests can automatically be triggered in PraciTest. There is also the flexibility to add your own custom integrations through the fully open API. Not many tools have this feature.
Supported Security Standards
PractiTest supports Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) providing the user with an extra layer of security. All the test data is housed in AWS with SOC2 Compliance and ISO 27001 certification. No other test case management platform has this level of security.
The above features have significantly helped to increase our customer base and have provided a holistic test case management solution for organizations of varying sizes. PraciTest is not a “tool” but a “platform” with many functionalities, giving an end-to-end solution for test case management.
PractiTest is an end-to-end Test Management solution, with a unique method of organizing your project information so you can find what you need and deliver results swiftly and efficiently.
It saves a lot of time from set-up to delivery, while providing a holistic solution to QA project management challenges.
=> Explore all features with this PractiTest free trial.
Do you find any difficulties in organizing and finding tests? How are you managing your test cases? Also, let us know if you have any questions about the PractiTest tool.