The Firestick from Amazon is a fantastic device that allows you to stream all of your favorite TV programs, films, news, and much more. In order to access these categories of content, users need to set up apps on their Firestick. However, if an app goes missing from the firestick, it can result in diminished performance, which includes issues such as slow functioning, freezing, getting stuck on Fire TV’s startup screen, among other issues. Some users choose to reset the Firestick back to its initial factory configuration as a preventative measure against these issues.
This tutorial provides solutions on how to reset an Amazon Firestick. The user-centric problems and queries include:
Recommended IPTV Service Providers
- IPTVGREAT – Rating 4.8/5 ( 600+ Reviews )
- IPTVRESALE – Rating 5/5 ( 200+ Reviews )
- IPTVGANG – Rating 4.7/5 ( 1200+ Reviews )
- IPTVUNLOCK – Rating 5/5 ( 65 Reviews )
- IPTVFOLLOW -Rating 5/5 ( 48 Reviews )
- IPTVTOPS – Rating 5/5 ( 43 Reviews )
- Instructions on how to reset a Firestick to Factory settings with a remote
- Steps to reset Firestick without using a remote
- How can you reset Firestick to Factory settings by using a computer?
Frequently, the Firestick has a restricted amount of storage, leaving it unable to host a large quantity of applications. Users must, therefore, select only the apps they need on the Firestick and regularly clear its cache.
Some IT professionals suggest that you should avoid frequently factory resetting your Amazon Firestick. Instead, just remove unnecessary apps from the Firestick.
Let’s discuss all feasible methods to reset your firestick in a few brief moments. Many users experience difficulties with the remote and, as such, want to understand how to reset Firestick without needing to use a remote. We’ve compiled all possible methods to help users with this.
Table of Contents
Steps to reset firestick 2024?
Power on the Firestick.
Towards the Top Menu bar, you will find settings, just navigate to locate it.
Open My Fire TV.
In Settings, you can locate My Fire TV within the list of given options.
Select Reset to factory defaults.
Simply scroll down to locate the option that allows you to reset to factory defaults.
A prompt will appear on the screen, asking for your permission to reset. Select reset and then hit the OK button.
Important:Resetting takes about 5-10 minutes. Wait patiently till it’s completely finished before switching off your firestick or TV.
After the reset, do ensure youupdate your firestick to the latest firmware.
How do you reset Amazon Firestick with the connection of a remote?
It’s easier to reset the fire tv by using a remote, as compared to other alternatives. However, some users face challenges with the firestick remote. If your remote is functioning properly, follow these instructions.
Press and hold down the right and back buttons on your firestick remote for a duration of 10 seconds.
A dialogue box will appear onscreen, asking for your permission to reset. Opt for Reset and then Click on the OK button.
That’s about it. The procedure to reset your firestick will start and will continue to run until you turn off your TV or disconnect the firestick.
Guidelines on resetting firestick without the assistance of a remote?
A lot of users wonder how to reset my firestick without having to use a remote. As a solution to this, we have examined all possible methods, and listed out a resolution.
1. Make sure that your mobile phone and Firestick are both connected on the identical WiFi network.
2. Load up the Firestick application and locate the closest firestick device.
3. The list of all nearby devices will be shown, so pick your concerned device from this list.
4. A four-digit code will be displayed on your TV screen; input this code to pair your FiRESTICK device with the Fire TV application.
5. Following this, you will be able to control your firestick using the Fire TV application on your mobile phone.
6. Lastly, implement the steps for resetting your Fire TV.
Settings–>My Fire TV–> Reset to factory Defaults–>Reset
Steps to reset firestick using a computer?
Is it feasible to reset the firestick by using a desktop? Yes, you can actually reset your Fire TV by using a desktop or a laptop. Here are two methods to factory reset Firesticks by using your PC. Both methods are safe ways to successfully reset your Fire TV stick.
Reset the Firestick with your PC using the Mirroring technique
Firestick mirroring is highly compatible with Windows 10. Execute these instructions to reset the firestick.
- Connect your Firestick and PC on the same WiFi network.
- On your Firestick, press down and hold the Home button on your Firestick remote.
A prompt will come up on screen, providing options for Sleep, Mirroring, and settings.
- Select Mirroring to search for the device you wish to connect with.
Now, go to your PC which runs on Windows 10 and watch out for a notification in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Click on Connect from within the notification.
Your PC will automatically connect to the Fire TV.
Now, you will have complete control of the Firestick from your Windows PC. You get to carry out any action you wish on the Firestick directly from your computer.
What changes does a Firestick exhibit after applying a factory reset?
If you reset an Amazon Firestick, it will be restored back to the default factory settings. This signifies that all data, apps, files, and the operating system version will be deleted and rolled back to the original default state. Essentially, it will be like having a brand-new Firestick device, and you can begin as if it’s a fresh device.
For instance, it is more or less like formatting your smartphone. Resetting the Firestick can also aid in solving specific performance-related issues.
Found any Solutions yet???
Your tech List is hopeful that all your queries have found their solutions. If you’re still stuck somewhere, kindly leave a comment below and we will provide you with a resolution.