Best Test Management Tools You Should Try to Speed Up Your Testing Efforts:
The term “Test Management” encompasses anything and everything that we do as testers and we take the help of a best and efficient test management software to perform this task.
Recommended IPTV Service Providers
- IPTVGREAT – Rating 4.8/5 ( 600+ Reviews )
- IPTVRESALE – Rating 5/5 ( 200+ Reviews )
- IPTVGANG – Rating 4.7/5 ( 1200+ Reviews )
- IPTVUNLOCK – Rating 5/5 ( 65 Reviews )
- IPTVFOLLOW -Rating 5/5 ( 48 Reviews )
- IPTVTOPS – Rating 5/5 ( 43 Reviews )
The tester’s day-to-day activities include:
- Creating and maintaining release/project cycle/component information.
- Creating and maintaining the test artifacts specific to each release/cycle for which we have- requirements, test cases, etc.
- Establishing traceability and coverage of the test assets.
- Test execution support – test suite creation, test execution status capture, etc.
- Metric collection/report-graph generation for analysis.
- Bug tracking/defect management.
The test management process involves the set of tasks/activities that are mentioned above. This process is critical, detail-oriented and instrumental in order to make sure that the entire testing effort is successful.
Well, the great news is, that we indeed have the support available to perform such crucial tasks.
Yes, you got it right!! We have several test management tools available in the market to support our Testing process.
Here is your chance to evaluate and compare top tools in the market before selecting the best one for you.
What You Will Learn:
- List of Best Test Management Tools in 2023
- #1) Zephyr Scale
- #2) PractiTest
- #3) Zephyr Squad
- #4) TestCollab
- #5) Requirements and Test Management for Jira (RTM)
- #6) XQual
- #7) Xray – Cutting Edge Test Management
- #8) TestRail
- #9) Kualitee
- #10) TestFLO for JIRA
- #11) SPIRATEST by Inflectra
- #12) Qase
- #13) Testpad
- #14) JunoOne
- #15) TestMonitor
- #16) Klaros-Testmanagement
- #17) QACoverage
- #18) JIRA
- #19) QAComplete
- Additional Test Management Solutions
List of Best Test Management Tools in 2023
The comparison and review of the most popular test management platforms available in the market:
- Zephyr Scale
- Zephyr Squad
- Requirements and Test Management for Jira (RTM)
- Xray – Cutting Edge Test Management
- TestFLO for JIRA
- SPIRATEST by Inflectra
#1) Zephyr Scale
Zephyr Scale is frequently praised by its users for being easy to use yet incredibly flexible, requiring only minimal effort to get started. Besides tight integration with Jira, Zephyr Scale defining feature from similar tools is that its test entities are not based on Jira Issue types.
This allows for a greater degree of customization and standardization, making Zephyr Scale an especially great fit for testing and QA teams working in regulated industries with tight audit trail requirements.
To top that all off, customers have plenty of options to scale their testing with advanced reusability features such as shared steps, test data, and parameters.
If you are looking for a scalable, performant test management solution inside Jira, then Zephyr Scale is worth a closer look. Zephyr Scale is owned by SmartBear, which brings industry-leading expertise in providing solutions for test management, bdd, and automation to over 6 million users worldwide.
Start your 30-day free trial now for smarter & faster testing at scale in Jira.
- Reuse tests and eliminate duplication: cross-project hierarchical test libraries, parameters, test data, and shared steps.
- Improve visibility, data analysis, and collaboration: Access over 70 cross-project reports, 60 gadgets, and 60 Confluence macros.
- Easier to audit and trace: Detailed change history, test case versioning, end-to-end traceability with Jira Issues, and Confluence pages.
- Test automation and DevOps ready: Empower teams with BDD, CI/CD, and automation integration using free REST API.
- Publish automated test-execution results from Jenkins, Bamboo, and other tools.
- Hero screens
A rising star in the test management tool market, PractiTest is a SaaS end-to-end QA management system with some of the most advanced and interesting features. With PractiTest, Testers are able to focus on quality and their actual work rather than side tasks.
Focusing on efficiency and visibility, PractiTest’s dashboards and reports set a new standard of data intelligence. Using their unique and customizable filters you can efficiently organize your requirements, create & run tests (Automated, Scripted, and Exploratory), track bugs and generate reports.
It integrates seamlessly with the leading bug tracking tools like JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, Bugzilla, and Redmine as well as various automation tools such as Selenium, Jenkins, etc. Their API can ensure further customizing for other process needs.
PractiTest is the only SOC2 Type 2 and ISO 27001 compliant test management tool, making it the most secured QA system in the market. Their support is known to be one of the best out there. Technical or methodological guidance – the PractiTest team answers within an average time of 5 minutes.
#3) Zephyr Squad
Zephyr Squad provides the world’s most widely used software test management solutions, powering more than 18,000 customers and 5 million users across 100 countries. It is leading the global transformation towards DevOps and Continuous Testing Agility through widely adopted advanced quality management, automation, and analytics tools.
Zephyr Squad meets your specific needs with a variety of deployment options (Server, Cloud, Data Center). Integrate with best-of-breed systems such as JIRA, Confluence, and more including Continuous Integration and Automation tools.
Today, companies and teams of all sizes rely on Zephyr Squad’s end-to-end solutions, unmatched scalability, and support.
=> Start Your FREE Trial of Zephyr Squad Today
Fully revamped in 2023, TestCollab is the most modern test management tool available for your QA needs. In the last 11 years, hundreds of enterprises have trusted TestCollab for their QA process.
It is effortless to onboard your team with TestCollab because its user interface is very friendly and easy to understand. TestCollab also offers in-app live chat support.
Apart from standard test management features, TestCollab offers features like,
- Seamless Jira Integration – You can post your bugs in Jira from TestCollab and using their Jira plugin you can also see all your Test Cases, test plans, and reports in Jira as well.
- Automatic work assignment for multiple testers so you don’t have to manually assign test cases to each tester.
- Reusable suites – Use the same test case across multiple projects, once the test case is updated in a project, it gets updated in all the projects.
- To-do list with due dates.
- Modern features like – @mention comments, in-app notifications.
- API-first design for easy integration.
TestCollab offers a free, basic, and premium plan.
#5) Requirements and Test Management for Jira (RTM)
Requirements and Test Management for Jira is an app by Hexygen which brings the whole software development process right inside your Jira.
With how flexible Jira is when it comes to extending its functionalities, you can have all the necessary tools and objects in one place without having to integrate with external tools.
If you’re stuck with legacy heavyweight test management tools or are just starting the testing journey with your team, RTM for Jira will provide you with a single repository for all your teams, requirements, and tests.
The software testing process doesn’t need to be excluded from the software you use to organize all your work and documents. Make yourself comfortable by managing your requirements and tests in Jira!
- Easy-to-use QA process out of the box.
- Effortless, plug-and-play configuration.
- Built-in requirements management.
- Solid support for Jira native functionalities.
- Tree-structured view with folders and subfolders for each module.
- End-to-end software project traceability.
- Built-in REST API to connect Jira to your test automation tools.
- User-friendly reports for optimal progress tracking: Traceability Matrix, Requirement Coverage, Test Execution, and Test Case Execution (User Dashboard available).
- Hassle-free migration of Test Cases from external tools.
Best Suited For:
- Standardized testing workflow
- Requirements testing
- Documentation testing
- Manual UI testing
- Agile testing
=> Start your 30-day free trial of Requirements and Test Management for Jira (RTM)
XQual delivers XStudio one of the best Test Management/ALM solutions. You’ll be able to manage your releases, requirements, risks, specifications, documents, tests, test cases, campaigns, and bugs in separate trees and get ready-to-go KPIs (quality score, smart coverage, testability, etc).
It is DevOps ready to integrate with all the continuous integration or versioning platforms in the market.
- Responsive web application (supports any browser or device incl. tablet or smartphone).
- Can drive Manual AND automated tests: 90 connectors for all the best automation frameworks on the market: Selenium, QTP/UFT, JMeter, Ranorex, Cucumber, TestComplete, TestStand, Postman, Mocha, TestPartner, Sahi, NeoLoad, QF-Test, RobotFramework, Sikuli, SoapUi, Squish, TestNg, TestOptimal and much more.
- Includes an internal requirement and bug-tracking management module but also integrates with JIRA, ClearQuest, Mantis, Bugzilla, Trac, Redmine, YouTrack, and more.
- Test parameterization
- Shared/reusable test resources.
- Cloud or on-premises
- REST API
=> TRY IT NOW FOR FREE (No Credit Card)
#7) Xray – Cutting Edge Test Management
Xray is the #1 Manual & Automated Test Management App for Quality Assurance in Jira. It’s a full-featured tool that lives inside and seamlessly integrates with Jira. Its aim is to help companies improve the quality of their products through effective and efficient testing. They can plan, execute and track their testing with full requirements traceability.
Xray supports both manual and automated tests, including BDD using Cucumber besides JUnit, NUnit, Robot, and others. It covers the entire testing life cycle: test planning, test specification, test organization in a flat or hierarchical way, test execution and test reporting. It does this by using special Jira issue types, so you can use all Jira benefits that you are used besides giving the flexibility to organize them in the same project or across multiple projects, for a clear separation of concerns.
Integration with your favorite Continuous Integration tool, including Bamboo and Jenkins, is straightforward using Xray’s free add-ons or even through its built-in REST API.
With over 4000 customers in 65 countries, Xray is the fastest growing app for Jira.
=> Start your Free Trial and discover the future of testing today!
TestRail provides comprehensive, web-based test case management to help teams organize testing efforts and get real-time insights into testing activity.
With TestRail, you can easily capture details about test cases or scenarios with screenshots and expected results. Track the status of individual tests. Measure progress with informative dashboards and activity reports. Compare results across multiple test runs, configurations, and milestones.
Track team workload to adjust assignments and resources, and work more productively with personalized to-do lists, filters, and email notifications.
TestRail is highly customizable, with cloud-based or on-premise installation options. The new Enterprise edition offers features for larger teams, such as SAML 2.0 Single Sign-On, audit logs, and priority support.
TestRail integrates with defect tracking and collaboration solutions such as Atlassian Jira, FogBugz, Bugzilla, Gemini, Axosoft, GitHub, and TFS; with test automation tools such as Ranorex Studio, and many more.
=> Register For A Free Trial Of TestRail Today (no credit card required)
Whether you are managing testing in Excel or already using a software lifecycle management tool, Kualitee Test Management Tool takes the hassle out of your testing and makes team collaboration effortless. Assign tasks to the team with ease and always stay on top of live progress through our carefully designed dashboard.
You can integrate with a wide range of tools and customize as much or as little as you like including reports, filters, defect reports, and more. Price is deliberately kept affordable and flexible so that it suits all sizes of teams ranging from single testers to 100+ team organizations.
- Intuitive and friendly interface
- Requirements Planning
- Test Case Management & Issue Tracking
- Custom Bug Reports
- Interactive Dashboard
- Individual and Group Progress Tracking
- 3rd Party Integrations
=> Sign Up For Free Today (no credit card required)
#10) TestFLO for JIRA
TestFLO for Jira is a test management app by Deviniti highly integrated into the Jira issue view and using custom fields and workflows to manage and execute tests.
This approach makes TestFLO the most customizable testing tool. It can be adjusted to the most excessive demands of the team as well as compliance standards. If you have a mature and complex software testing process that you’d like to have full control of, it will become your favorite tool ever.
Automated tests play a significant role in modern software testing processes. TestFLO allows you to trigger a build plan in Jenkins or Bamboo directly from Jira. The results of automated test runs are automatically imported to a Test Plan and represented as Test Cases.
- Flexible to adjust to any kind of testing process using native Jira features.
- Integration with any existing requirements management process.
- Reusable test case repository with a tree structure.
- Test automation: REST API, Bamboo and Jenkins plugins, JUnit, and TestNG support.
- Customizable reports and Jira issue panels for each stage of the testing process.
Best suited for:
- Testing workflows compliant with external standards
- Highly regulated industries
- Smoke testing
- Regression testing
- DevOps testing (CI/CD)
#11) SPIRATEST by Inflectra
SpiraTest is a powerful end-to-end test management suite that helps agile teams deliver high-quality software faster and with greater confidence. Listed in the Leaders Quadrant on G2.com, SpiraTest helps users manage all of their tests, requirements, and bugs in one place while making the team collaboration effortless.
It handles all your testing (manual, automated, exploratory) seamlessly and allows for easy importing data from many modern or legacy applications.
SpiraTest includes integrated requirements and bug-tracking modules that provide complete traceability and audit trails.
In SpiraTest, a combination of standard reporting templates and customizable reports serve to increase productivity in large teams. Multi-level, user-defined Dashboard widgets enable QA and development teams to have full, real-time visibility into the testing process and a deeper understanding of testing results.
SpiraTest is available in the cloud (AWS, private) or on-premise/air-gapped. Its generous pricing structure is based on concurrent logins and not the number of registered users.
Qase is a modern test management tool built for QA and Dev teams with a modern and simple interface and powerful features. That’s why thousands of organizations from all over the world are switching to Qase.
It is an all-in-one test management solution. It includes test case management, defect management, test plans, test runs with informative reports, rich API, and webhooks.
Qase offers integrations with the most popular issue trackers like Jira, Redmine, Trello, and many others. You create an issue without leaving the app – it will be posted automatically. Integration with Slack is useful when you want to get notified about test runs start.
It is designed both for manual and automated testing. Through REST API, you can integrate with your automated tests and post results directly to the app. Webhooks will help to trigger builds in your CI.
- Organize your test cases and suites into a hierarchical tree.
- Shared steps reduce the time for test case composition.
- Smart wizard for a test run will boost your test process.
- Test Case Review to verify changes made to your test model.
- Compose a test plan and assign test cases to your teammates.
- Manage all your defects without leaving the app.
- Jira, Redmine, Youtrack, GitHub and Slack integrations.
- Rest API to interact and Webhooks to get notified.
- Custom fields for test cases, defects, and runs.
- UI theming (including Night theme).
- Free for small teams up to 3 members. No limits on test cases or test runs.
- 10$ per month per user for growing teams.
Testpad is an online tool that takes a different approach to manual test management. Instead of managing cases one at a time, you create free-form structured checklists.
This lends itself to a wide range of testing styles, including traditional test cases with steps and expected outcomes, but also works well for steering exploratory testing, the manual side of agile testing, syntax highlighting BDD given/when/then, or just ad-hoc where you write a simple list of things to check.
Testpad is pitched at QA professionals looking for a more pragmatic/productive approach to testing, and at beginners looking for an upgrade to the annoying mess they’re in with spreadsheets.
Work efficiently with sophisticated Test Case Management system JunoOne, designed to streamline Test Management and Incident management. Test Management Software JunoOne offers a number of tools that will make all the testing activities well arranged, help organize your work, control the individual steps and the overall state of the projects.
JunoOne offers several features throughout the process. It starts with creating the campaign and performing test analysis. Then you plan to test and run the tests. Last but not least, it solves the issues and protects your data.
TestMonitor – Top-level online Test Management. Revolutionary easy.
TestMonitor is an end-to-end test management tool for every organization. A simple, intuitive approach to testing. Whether you’re implementing enterprise software, need QA, building a quality app or just need a helping hand in your test project, TestMonitor has you covered.
- Requirement and risk-based testing.
- Advanced test case design capable of supporting thousands of cases.
- Robust planning tools with multi-tester runs and milestone cloning.
- Comprehensive result tracking.
- Integrated issue management.
- Smart reporting with many filter and visualization options.
- Revolutionary simple UI.
- Third-party integrations featuring Jira, DevOps, and Slack. REST API included.
- Professional support with the quick response time.
Klaros-Testmanagement is a proven and popular tool from Germany which is used worldwide by large and small teams to plan and execute their testing activities.
The functional scope covers all areas of the test process: test planning, test creation, test execution, assignment and evaluation of test tasks as well as test evaluation and report creation.
Interfaces to defect and requirements management systems, continuous integration, test automation, and performance analysis exist for numerous tools such as JIRA, Redmine, GitLab, GitHub, Jenkins, JMeter, QF-Test, Selenium, JUnit, QTP, and many more.
The software is available as a free Community Edition and an Enterprise Edition with comprehensive support, both as server installation and as a cloud service.
QACoverage is a cost-effective, new generation test management solution with innovative vision and workflow to manage Software Test Life Cycles more effectively and efficiently.
It boosts test productivity and provides visibility to better handle and control your established QA process via comprehensive Agile, Requirements Management, Test Design, Test Execution, Defects Management, and Metrics & Reporting modules.
QACoverage is not only a Test Management Solution but also a collaborative platform that integrates with the entire IT Department throughout the Software Development Life Cycle from the inception of the requirement to application production readiness in order to achieve superior quality.
JIRA is a tool that makes an appearance anytime when there is a discussion on any management process – for all the right reasons.
JIRA has 2 add-ons that support the test management process.
a) Zephyr: All the aspects that you would expect from a typical tool of this type are supported. You can create tests/test suites/test cycles/bugs/reports and 9so on. You could have an additional add-on, ZAPI for automation integration. Along with the initial JIRA license, you would have to pay for Zephyr to use it. ($10 for 10 users a month).
b) Go2Group SynapseRT: This tool has all the test management features but the primary focus is on requirement based testing. It can be used for projects where it makes more sense to track your progress in terms of the completion and/or success-failure of a certain requirement as opposed to testing cases.
Traceability is of a higher priority with this add-on. Along with the initial JIRA license, you would have to pay for this add-on too. ($10 for 10 users a month).
Visit the official website here for more information.
QAComplete is a powerful, flexible test management tool that helps the users to easily manage requirements, tests, and defects all in one place. The tool is easy to use, and provides a central hub to manage and report on all of your tests – manual, Selenium, TestComplete, SoapUI and more!
It is customizable enough to fit into any development process, from Waterfall to Agile, and integrates tightly with the project management and workflow tools that you already use, such as Jira, Bugzilla, Visual Studio, etc.
Visit QAComplete website here.
#20) Panaya Test Center
Panaya Test Center is a test acceleration platform that helps organizations to accelerate and standardizes packaged application testing without compromising on scope or quality. By encompassing the needs of all stakeholders and integrating with standardized testing processes for both technical IT and Business users, Panaya reduces the overall testing effort by 30-50%.
Powered by machine learning capabilities, Panaya Autonomous Testing for SAP eliminates the pains associated with creating and maintaining manually engineered scripts and enables zero-touch test case creation and maintenance.
Visit the Panaya Test Center Website
This is a comprehensive test case management tool that has 4 key aspects – Test Plan, requirements, Test suites/cases, and test runs. So, as you can see, it has everything that is required to manage test cases for you.
For all the other operations, it integrates with several mainstream incident/issue management tools to provide a comprehensive solution. It is a commercial product, visit here for a free trial.
#22) Micro Focus Quality Center Enterprise (QC)
Micro Focus Quality Center Enterprise (QC) is one of the most commonly used test management software that is in use for several years. It has all the necessary features and in many ways, it is the standard against which the other tools are measured. Even though it is one of the high-end tools, economically, it still remains to be very popular.
Check out this page for detailed information about the tool.
#23) QMetry Test Management – Server and Cloud
QMetry Test Management is an enterprise-grade test management tool that helps digital teams deliver high-quality software faster. Its test management capabilities enable scaling from manual to Agile and DevOps.
Built to enhance QA productivity, QMetry’s flagship tool integrates with many tools including Jira, authentication tools like LDAP and SAML; and CI/CD tools.
Some of its core features include:
- Fully modular test management: Create, import, add or track
- Version control to create and retain versions of test assets
- Real-time dashboard and custom reporting engine
- Plug and play solution with the ability to select the features you want
Request for a Free Trial
This is one of the very few open-source test management tools that are available for use in the market. It is a web-based tool with typical features like requirement management, test case creation, and maintenance, test runs, tracking bugs, reports, integration with common issue trackers, etc. For more download information, visit this page.
#25) IBM Rational Quality Manager
It is a test Management product that has all the typical features – Test planning, test design, test execution, tracking, and reporting. It integrates with many of the rational products for automation, source control, and bug tracking activities. It is a commercial product and you can check out its features, pricing and other information here.
#26) Meliora Testlab
Meliora Testlab is a modern, easy to approach Test management tool that has all the features to master test management from small to big projects.
The tool supports manual and automated testing in a unique way to give a clear view of the quality of the system being developed – with no overhead on reporting tasks.
Meliora Testlab is also a full ALM tool with the requirements and issue tracking modules. The tool also integrates with the most important CI and issue trackers.
TestCaseLab = strong test case management = organized testing = higher quality product
It is a Ukrainian service that was created in 2016 by QA engineers of Gera-IT company, which provides outsourcing development services.
TestCaseLab allows you to follow most of the testing activities: creating test cases, categorizing them, gathering them in test plans and starting test runs, reporting results to Jira, etc. The cheapest plan starts from $40 / month for 500 test cases, and you won’t need to pay extra charges per user!
- Unlimited users and projects
- 6 different roles to match your needs
- Integration with: Jira, Redmine, Pivotal Tracker, Asana, YouTrack, Trello.
- Export / Import of test cases
- Wide variety of test case properties.
- Test Plans / Requirements
- Test Runs + assign users
- Reporting test case results on every step of the test.
- Advanced search
- Basic reporting/insights
- Activity stream, history log
- Real-time synchronization
ReQtest is a test management tool with over 11,000 users across the globe. ReQtest is crafted to help QA professionals in overcoming the testing challenges, managing testing priorities & accomplishing testing objectives.
ReQtest is a cloud-based test management tool that consists of a suite of modules: requirement management, agile board, test management, & bug tracking and reporting. ReQtest provides an end-to-end ALM solution to agile project teams. It facilitates full traceability of the development process – from ideation to released product.
It also offers a versatile connection to Jira; bringing powerful test management capabilities to Jira.
Additional Test Management Solutions
Given below is a list of a few more tools that are worth mentioning.
It is a commercial product that primarily caters to agile projects, this has a test management module along with planning, reporting, etc., with all the other typical features. You can know more about VersionOne here.
It is a complete lifecycle management tool that provides a complete end-to-end test process support and integrates with the other SmartSoft functional test tools. It is web-based and commercial.
More info about this tool can be seen here.
#31) Test Wave:
It is a test management tool that needs no installation, is web-based, simple and commercial (affordable). This tool provides you with a facility to import your already existing requirements/test assets from the excel sheets. It also comes with an inbuilt defect tracker. Check here for details.
#32) Enterprise Tester:
This test management tool supports both agile and traditional projects. It integrates with JIRA and also works great for automation testing with QTP, Selenium, RFT, etc. This is a really cool commercial tool. You can check it out here.
It is a very comprehensive end-to-end test management tool that is easy to install and configure due to its XML database. It allows documentation of both automation and manual test cases. It also comes with a web interface for remote access. This product is commercial too. Click here for more information.
it is an open-source test process control tool that can be used to create test cases, running them, recording results, etc. Check here for more detailed information.
Two factors are very apparent from the above list.
- There are not many open source tools that are available, however, most of them are still affordable.
- Most of the tools just provide test case management and they leave the bug tracking to be integrated via an external tool. (According to me it is a smart choice, if not, all of us would be stuck reinventing the wheel.)
Though we have explained more on the most popular Test management tools, the list is not yet over. Still, there are several other test management solutions that are available in the market.
Hope this article will really be of immense help when you are in search of the best Test Management software. It is always advisable to take a wise decision while selecting a tool based on your project requirements.
=>> Contact us to suggest a listing here.
Have you used any of the above Test Management Tools? Or, have we missed out the one which you are using? Feel free to share your experiences in the comments section below.
PREV Tutorial | NEXT Tutorial